Geneva's 120

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Geneva, Dec 8, 2013.

1. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

I'm 99% sure its a maxima from your photo. My maxima from Aquatic Collection was up on the rocks originally for several months and then now that I've changed the tank set-up, it seems to prefer being on the sand. It kept jumping off of the rocks and has found a place where it seems super happy on the sand. I just kind of let them do their thing. :)

2. neuro

neuro Webmaster

So cleaaaaaan!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Geneva likes this.
  3. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Jumping clams?? - amazing! Thanks, I hope he does well too....

4. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

They can use their foot to move about if they don't like the spot they're in, so mine would move to the edge of the rock and then fall off onto the sand. Not to much a "jump"...more of a fall :)

Geneva likes this.
  5. neuro

neuro Webmaster

I propped mines on a small ledge and it set it's foot rather quickly. Hasn't moved since.

Geneva likes this.
  6. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Haven't posted pictures in awhile so here goes! They are only from my Galaxy phone but you get the idea! Pictures from 3-sides (peninsula).

I wanted to take a moment and thank the members who have given me frags on DBTC and the swaps! You know who you are - thanks! 2014-11-10 12.58.39.jpg 2014-11-10 12.58.50.jpg 2014-11-10 12.59.05.jpg 2014-11-10 12.59.15.jpg 2014-11-10 12.59.29.jpg 2014-11-10 12.59.46.jpg 2014-11-10 12.59.59.jpg

7. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

Wow beautiful tank Geneva, I've always wanted a peninsula!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Geneva likes this.
  8. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Thanks, Ty!

9. neuro

neuro Webmaster

i reaaally like how you incorporated tonga into your setup. I'm always a big fan of tonga branching rocks, but they don't seem to get put in a lot of displays, and if they are, they aren't done very well. Large boulder-like rocks seem to dominate a lot of setups. My next setup will be a peninsula ~100-120 with tonga integration, just like your's.

Geneva likes this.
  10. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Thanks, Alfred - I'm going to try to take better pictures with a real camera so you can actually see how great your DBTC monti's are doing in my tank!

neuro likes this.
  11. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

G
    Thank looks lovely!
    Things that I see to keep in mind:
    The maroon clown may beat on the other clowns
    The tangs will need to be relocated when they get too big for that space
    Good luck
    Feed the fish...change some water
    Love it, grow it!

Geneva likes this.
  12. brleong

brleong Supporting Member

beautiful!! I wish I had an area like that at my place that could display the tanks from all the different sides

Geneva likes this.
  13. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

Looking great!
    I like how you have tunnels to see through, and really take advantage
    of a peninsula type tank.

Hope that GSP does not take over and cause problems.

Geneva likes this.
  14. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Thanks, Erin! You are so right - my maroonie is a bit of a bully but now tends to keep close to his anemone while the other 3 are content in their corner of the tank....I never could have imagined when I first started that I would have my tangs this long! I love tangs and just recently lost my powdered blue to injury so have 3 left.....would love it if they continue to do well enough to outgrow my tank.

15. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Thanks, Mark! Yes, I do have to keep an eye on the GSP and scrape it off if it tries to extend past its designated rock!!

16. Anhit

Anhit Supporting Member

Another peninsual!! It's looking great Geneva! Any updates?

Geneva likes this.
  17. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

3/22/15 Update: Exciting news! Anh (@Anhit) came over and took some amazing pictures of my tank and corals!

Here's a link to all the photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4dns4lela1l8pl4/AAAaS9dgAI0TK2IA9upTRlz6a?dl=0

(Can someone please let me know if the link above works?! Thanks!)

I'm going to download individual photos and label them as I like to keep track of where each coral came from (LFS, DBC, Frag Swap, gift, etc.) but here are 3 full tank shots of my peninsula tank. THANKS, ANH!!

Geneva'sReefTank-59 (Small) (Medium).jpg Geneva'sReefTank-60 (Medium).jpg Geneva'sReefTank-61 (Medium).jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    jonmos75, Nav, aqua-nut and 1 other person like this.
  18. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

WOW! Looks awesome Geneva! You sure have some crazy surface agitation there!

19. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Ricordia and Pink Sand Dollar Monti from @newhobby

Geneva'sReefTank-11 (Medium).jpg Geneva'sReefTank-53 (Medium).jpg

20. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

bluprntguy likes this.