High Tide Aquatics

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

Hey Jim,
In researching for my new tank I have been reading up about bio pellet reactors. Are you still using one? My understanding is that they reduce nitrates and phosphates. Is this redundant to the Vodka dosing?
John

Hey Jim,
In researching for my new tank I have been reading up about bio pellet reactors. Are you still using one? My understanding is that they reduce nitrates and phosphates. Is this redundant to the Vodka dosing?
John

I'm not using bio pellets anymore. I've found it easier to vodka dose (which is redundant). Carbon dosing reduces nitrates more effectively than phosphates IMO.

It doesn't look very magnificent, more like mediocra anemone :D (I kid I kid!). Got that from Shu Tin didn't you? I would think it would be like 4 feet across!

It doesn't look very magnificent, more like mediocra anemone :D (I kid I kid!). Got that from Shu Tin didn't you? I would think it would be like 4 feet across!

Yep....got it from Shu Tin. She said it was 8-10" when fully expanded. It was a still acclimating to the main display as of last night. The blacker ice clown kicked out the naked clowns as expected (who are now in the pink haddoni).

Back