Guilty confessions

Discussion in 'Other Reef Talk' started by Flagg37, Dec 6, 2015.

1. OnTheReef

OnTheReef OnTheReef (Eric) Supporting Member

Geez, where to start. I have enough equipment to start my own LFS: tanks, stands, heaters, powerheads, skimmers, reactors, etc. It's surprisingly hard to give these things up; I have had a love affair with every tank I have ever owned. I don't quarantine as much as I should, especially delicate and picky things like SPS that have high lighting and water parameter demands. Will I really have a quarantine tank with MH, dosing Mg/Alk/Ca with a chaeto 'fuge? Hasn't happened yet. Worse, the motivation is very low, since I have had a few quarantined frags die due to what I am pretty sure is an environment where their needs were not met. On the flip side, I have a zoa rock (from one of our sponsors no less) that's been in quarantine for a month. Last night, I spotted Aptasia and bubble algae on it. Well, there's one win for the QT...

2. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

Wow, it didn't show itself for month? Who knows where my vermetid snails came from then.

3. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman BOD

I confess to being a liar. Every time I leave my house I lie to myself and say I'm not going to make a quick stop by Diablo corals just to see what's new. Every time I buy a coral I lie to myself and say it's the last one -- I just have to many in one tank. Every time I buy a fish I tell myself that's it -- there's too many in my tank. Every time I fire up my computer I lie to myself and say I'm not going to go research some new gadget that I just have to have.
    Hi -- my name is Bruce and I am a liar.

tankguy, MolaMola, Flagg37 and 2 others like this.
  4. OnTheReef

OnTheReef OnTheReef (Eric) Supporting Member

I know it's an old thread but... Reefing for the last ~ 15 years and not knowing what vermetid snails were until two weeks ago. Every time someone has mentioned seeing them, I was looking for motile, shelled invertebrates and just assumed I was being dense when I could not see them. I've just broken down both of my reef tanks for other reasons: hair algae outbreak in one and killer dinoflagellates in the other and am now hunting with a magnifier and a utility blade as I bring all my live rock, rubble and frags back into circulation. I presume that physically carving them off the live rock or frag plug is good enough for extermination?

5. Dave B

Dave B Guest

I like others that have posted in here, have about 4 miles of cabled in my sump area... I always talk about "cleaning it up" but never have.. my wife asked me the other day when i was going to clean all the wires up in the sump... i told her "today" and i closed the door.. DONE :)

i am hoping one day some magical creature will clean up the sump and label all the cables for me... still waiting

OnTheReef likes this.
  6. tankguy

tankguy BOD

That seems to mine as well

7. Chromis

Chromis Supporting Member

I have been waiting for Kessil to come out with their singlet version of the AP700 so I can move my old 350W to the quarantine tank before I really use it. Too stubborn to buy a 360W when I know that dang AP350/500(?) is just around the corner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

When that magical creature finally shows up make sure you frag a piece and throw him in a DBTC. Sure there's many more people that could use its help.

Ah, that infamous corner. Who knows how many countless items are there. I know I've got a few that are there too.