Kessil

Guns & Corals

read about that 9yr old firing a full auto uzi....

to those parents WHY??? and to the poor instructor that lost his life due to the little girl losing control of a full auto uzi... should have said no to allowing a 9yr old to shoot a full auto uzi. just my .02.

what happend to teaching them to shoot .22's, varmint rifles or heck even .22 or 9mm ar's. SMH.

Yeah, just crazy.
I am going with my kid and the Boy Scouts, as one of the helpers, to one of the shooting events soon.
HUGE difference.

I am sure some will think I am a bad parent for letting my kid fire a 0.22 rim fire rifle,
because as small as it is, it can still kill.
The thing is, kids WILL be exposed to guns. Prefer it to be on my terms at first.

Funny note : He is more excited about throwing the tomahawks. :)

If you guys can have intelligent conversations where you aren't pointing fingers, then there's no reason for the thread to be locked. However, John's point about guns being dangerous is true since relative to other things, it is.

I know how some pro-gun people get... some of them are too out there.

For the record, I am a gun owner myself but I discuss about it responsibly and operate it responsibly. In any matter, I speak and think objectively because you always have to consider someone else's point of view.

Yeah, just crazy.
I am going with my kid and the Boy Scouts, as one of the helpers, to one of the shooting events soon.
HUGE difference.

I am sure some will think I am a bad parent for letting my kid fire a 0.22 rim fire rifle,
because as small as it is, it can still kill.
The thing is, kids WILL be exposed to guns. Prefer it to be on my terms at first.

Funny note : He is more excited about throwing the tomahawks. :)

Wow tomahawks? That is interesting.... Teaching your kids to be a responsible person around firearms is not going to label you a bad parent, its a good start for them to learn how to operate and shoot guns especially if they are into competitive shooting. I see bus loads of kids at the shooting range last couple of weeks and Chabot also host some classes and training for kids, not sure about tomahawks...

Siokoy

Last edited:
better they learn from their parents or qualified instructors than from movies, video games or youtube.

IMO I rather have kids start with .22, wait till they're older mentally and physically to handle larger caliber weapons, unlike that UZI mishap.

Back