Our mission

Hello Everyone & Happy Holidays!

Hello everyone and happy holidays. I am kind of new to this reefing hobby. I started my tank months ago and its been running with live rock/live sand with clowns. I didn't really get into getting coral until last month. I am hoping that my tank will thrive with this Bay Area Reefers club.

I currently have a 10 gallon tank but am switching to a 20 gallon long tank soon. In the 20 gallon, I will have a 30 inch T5 62 watt light fixture for it with a emperor 400 filter. I am only seventeen years old so buying new equipment takes time unlike everyone else!

Well, that is my intro. Happy Holidays!

You can just come to hang out without swapping. Pretty interesting seeing how things work. Stop by the Welcome Table and meet the other members.

If you really want to get in on the swap activities, you could pick up some corals from a local store to frag.

i am located in Union City, a 10-15 minute drive from Chabot College where the meetings are held. Do you guys sell frags at meetings too ? or no.

Frags are not sold at meetings, to my knowledge. DBTC corals and trades are made at meetings, plus there is normally a raffle after most general meetings (not BOD) that include corals from our LFS sponsors.

Also, at the frag swap, there is usually a table with free donations of common corals (xenia, GSP, Kenya trees) and macroalgae for new members.

Back