Cali Kid Corals

Hello Everyone!

My name is Joe,
I been living in SF since 1987 loving every day of it!
At the moment i have a 65 gal. fish only tank. After visiting a couple of forums i got inspired and decided to expand in to a bigger tank.
During the labor day weekend I set up my new 180 gallon tank i hope when I test the water tomorow the reading allowed me to go out and start adding live stock.
The tank itself has two overflow's, the equipment consist on two ATB 1600 GPH, a Royal Exclusive 200 Protein Skimmer, a next Reef xl Bio pellets reator,a 20 gallon refugium not set up yet. 5 Aquaillumination LED Lights. Im Also waiting for a Koralling Reactor to show up even if Im not sure If I should go with the two parts dosing method or with the reactor.
i will place some picture later on for you to see, any advise please don't hesitate as I still learningduring this process!
Joe

Thank you,
i really hope so!
i can't wait to be able to put live stock. To be honest with you I don't know if its ready or not. i will do some testing tomorrow.

Looks good, my only concern is the AI fixtures resting on the tank, that may lead to some excess heat buildup in the units as well as hot spots where the PAR is through the roof and other areas that are not so bright.

All those wires on top of the tank could get a little salty.
I assume you will get them tidy.
You have a nice start there.
we will be watching you! ;)

Thank you guy's,
The lights are going to be hang from a canopy. unfortunately the canopy I have at the moment is 8" high. I think I need to get a new canopy made at 12" high in order to avoid the shadow's between the lights. it never ends!

Doe's anybody know anybody that makes canopy's?
'll be intrested in.

Hey Joe, (Where ya goin' with....)

Welcome to the group. Good luck with your tank. We'll be watching for update pics. You're gonna like it here. H)

Back