Our mission

Hello from a noob!

vivi

Hello everyone,

I've been lazy to write an intro note. I'm very glad to join this club. Everyone I've met at the swap meeting was fabulous. The event was superbly organized!! Wow!

Anyway, I am a super newbie in saltwater. I own a 24G tank with 70w HQI for 3 months (took over from someone who didn't have time to maintain). My journey for the past 3 months has been all about equipment upgrade, nitrate reduction (from 240ppm to 0ppm), adding more livestocks to the tank. All in all, it was exciting and fun.

Here's my tank -
2010-02-14%2020.51.54.jpg

The frilly mushroom I got at the swap (from JAR, thank you!) seems to be splitting. It's really exciting to watch all this. I wonder how long it'll take to complete the split?! All my other mushroom had been mostly doing pedal laceration instead of spliting (maybe my lights were too weak?).

2010-02-15%2023.35.59.jpg

Anyway, it's great to be here. Thanks everyone for your generosity and kindness.

-Lynn

nice looking setup, its never easy taking over a tank from someone and trying to get it running smoothly. Thats why these forums are nice and there are lots of helpful people on here, lots of research cababilities.

Thanks all.
I'll include a picture of what the tank looked like when i got it. In hind sight, maybe starting new is easier? I don't know. i'd be tempted to upgrade to a bigger tank if the stuff grows bigger.

DSC02252.JPG

Lynn,
That frilly mushroom is a very hearty one. I was told that it came from Hawaii over 20 years ago.
It is just about the only coral that can live next to my RBTA (sting resistant).
Enjoy!

Thanks everyone!

Over the past month, i've added a few other interesting LPS and mushrooms into the tank (largely thanks to John/screebo). Other adventures includes adding a mp10, dead of a large 3-inch pyramid snail causing the water param to go down the toilet, then almost experienced a heart-attacked thinking i lost power to the house due to a damaged circuit breakers which lead me start looking into emergency equipments and quarantine tank.

Alright, i suppose i'll move all these to a tank thread.

have a good weekend everyone! Enjoy the great weather. :)

Back