High Tide Aquatics

Hello from Almaden

Hi everyone, I'm pretty excited about joining BAR. It's been a long time since I've been in a club. My passion for the hobby has been re-kindled recently (in-part by finding an awesome new store specializing in frags). My tank has undergone significant changes lately including LED lighting (removed chiller) and traded in many of my soft corals (mostly leathers) for SPS. How do I post pictures and is there a BAR photo gallery?

You post pics by linking to them via specific tags in your thread. For example, you put your photos up on photobucket, then link to that specific image using the IMG tag. Try step one, and we can help you clarify step two.
Let's see em!

Thanks Ed.

They look great. I have done a lot of research on LED's over the past year and really like the AI stuff. The new Eco Tech Radions have also peaked my interest. I like the idea of a few more color options to really tune the color you prefer. I am interested to see how they work. Many people seem to feel the extra colors could cause problems by being the wrong spectrum. Others feel all spectrums are beneficial in some way. Makes my head hurt thinking about it. LOL! I have several months before i need to make that decision again, so I will be watching and reading about it. I do like the color of your lighting though. The corals and fish look great.

Are you happy with the lights?

I really do like them. my only concern at the moment is shadowing under the branches of my SPS. I am considering using T5's in addition to the LED's to fill in where there are shadows.

Thanks Ed. Glad you like them. I have some old maxspects and I like them a lot, but they are CRAZY bright. These don't have any dimming ability. I am happy to have them, as they will work well on my refugium and frag tank eventually. I love how cool they run for such bright light. Great that LED's are an option for aquariums now. Halides have always been such a heat nightmare (not to mention the electric bill) however they do look GREAT! The maxspects are also very upgradable. You can change each individual LED to play with color, or brand. Already had one burn out, and it was very easy to replace.

Was just talking budget tonight.......as I am about to order my tank. Lighting is gonna be a BIG HIT financially. I had to agree to use the lighting I have until I get all the tanks empty and sell off the tanks and equipment to help pay for the lights. LOL! I think that is a fair trade. ;)

Back