Hooked; 3 Tank Builds ...

The 30G I started in September;
IMGP7601.jpg

IMGP7606.jpg

55G cycling
IMGP7608.jpg

New 12g Fluval Cycling
IMGP7609.jpg

Need to figure out how to catch the chromis and move them to the larger tank; they just see me grab the net outside the tank and they are in the rocks; When i leave the net in the tank they just don't come out; Guess I need to find some fish trap schematics ...

Black Friday; and a whole bunch of research; hes been in the store 3 months trained to eat frozen silver-sides.
IMGP7623.jpg

Chewy might of snacked on the peppermints last night; Not sure but no sign of the shrimp and he doesn't seem hungry lol; Also noticed a few of the edges of his fins are damaged when they where catching him at the store; he tried to escape in the sump ... Hope he becomes friendly soon;

also these things started showing up in the 55g after cycling; Pods or evil?
IMGP7625.jpg

The peppermints are alive just hiding more now;

Every-time I wave a silverside on a stick he swims away from it;
How many days does it take new arrivals to eat?
How much should he be eating he is 3-4 inches? daily weekly?
Is he not eating them because I need to soak them in garlic? ... Will bug Neptune Aquatics where I got him tomorrow ...

I guess I could get some live food; and then hope he goes back to frozen ...

I've been now told he was hand fed on DOA fish and krill at the store and well fed and might not eat till the end of the week ... He seems to be getting used to me very very slowly

He is now hand eating from me; he allot faster than I thought he could be; up to the top of the tank in a few seconds after spotting food; Hammer is looking sad though; did a 30% water change but may be to late ...

Chewy

Coral reefer said:
What's up with the hammer? How long have you had it? What are your parameters? Alk, ca, salinity, temp?

Currently
temp 75, alk 9, ph 8.0, 1.025 salin, Ca 470 Had it for over 20 days looked great got bigger; 3 days ago the tentacles receded into the skeleton and are now not extending; the whisker coral is fine along with the rest and inverts and anem ...

Have had allot of cyno and string algae; makes me think I need a phos reactor

Back