High Tide Aquatics

I made a mistake today

[quote author=theaquariumshowroom link=topic=5921.msg74718#msg74718 date=1231997315]
I always hook up bar Members!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I need a bottle of ArticPods to feed the fish.. ;D

Phong, since you are the expert now after all the research, does this one jump in a open tank? Will it be harrassed by six line/mystery wrass?

LOL Tong.. I just read it from the Reef Fish book. So far nothing say about jumping. It's best to keep with peaceful fish. I don't think Six lines and mystery wrass are considered peaceful fish though ;D ..

Haven't seen you post for a while.. How is your tank? The stuff you gave me grow nicely.. 8)

Compare to a lazy person like me, the reading makes you a well deserved expert :D. I wish I could trap out the six line from my tank. I have been thinking about adding some fish to the tank for the last year, but every time looking at the six line put a stop to it. My mystery is kind of peaceful for some reason.

Well, I ran out of steam a little in the past few months, taking care of the tanks, work, family, ... But I think the new year gives me some renewed energy, so I am back. PG&E finally turned on my new solar system, so I am all excited to see how it balance out the electricity taken by the tanks. I think the SPS finally stabalized in my tank, and I am getting excited about restocking it some. Btw, feel free to come and pick up some more stuff. Believe it or not, even with all the problems I had with the tank, I still have a overflowing frag tank :).

[quote author=Elite link=topic=5921.msg74722#msg74722 date=1231999054]
LOL Tong.. I just read it from the Reef Fish book. So far nothing say about jumping. It's best to keep with peaceful fish. I don't think Six lines and mystery wrass are considered peaceful fish though ;D ..

Haven't seen you post for a while.. How is your tank? The stuff you gave me grow nicely.. 8)
[/quote]

yeah Tong .. haven't heard from you for sometime now...since the tank tour, I believe.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=5921.msg74715#msg74715 date=1231996782]
We are BAR members.. You know Max will hook us up..
[/quote]
I'm sure he would, he's a little far for me to go for livestock though :D

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5921.msg74712#msg74712 date=1231995978]
I was thinking of some lyretails, but then my g/f told me "that just looks like a really expensive goldfish" *sigh*
[/quote]

Speaking of lyretails, I recently saw a male lyretail that was purple. I was told it was from Tonga. I would have bought it but I know my bully redbelt anthias isn't going to put up with it. And from experience, anthias lose their intense color, so that pretty purple color might just go away.

Now back to Phongs fish - my experience with anthias is if it eats for next several days, it's does well. I have a fuge, but the anthias do well with once-a-day feeding.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5921.msg74738#msg74738 date=1232030775]
[quote author=Elite link=topic=5921.msg74715#msg74715 date=1231996782]
We are BAR members.. You know Max will hook us up..
[/quote]
I'm sure he would, he's a little far for me to go for livestock though :D
[/quote]
True ..

[quote author=sid700 link=topic=5921.msg74739#msg74739 date=1232032910]
[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5921.msg74712#msg74712 date=1231995978]
I was thinking of some lyretails, but then my g/f told me "that just looks like a really expensive goldfish" *sigh*
[/quote]

Speaking of lyretails, I recently saw a male lyretail that was purple. I was told it was from Tonga. I would have bought it but I know my bully redbelt anthias isn't going to put up with it. And from experience, anthias lose their intense color, so that pretty purple color might just go away.

Now back to Phongs fish - my experience with anthias is if it eats for next several days, it's does well. I have a fuge, but the anthias do well with once-a-day feeding.

[/quote]

Max has a bunch of purple anthias.. I don't know if those are lyretail or not though. The fish eats really good. I will try to feed him several time a day since I don't really have a fuge.. This guy doesn't like cyclopeez though. He eats flake and mysis. He can eat the whole cube of mysis.

Nice fish Phong,
I have a couple of these right now.... Mine haven't gotten real big (6in long) Yes they do eat like pigs tho, so happy feeding!

Yanno, I recently saw a few lyretails at the store, all in the same tank, none of them really had the bright orange coloration (females), none were even really that red (males), even looking at a picture of the Maldive Lyretail didn't look even half as bright, makes me wonder is a specialized diet or something needed to keep these guys colorful.

Do anthias need to be kept in a pair or more? I haven't had any success with them, as they all seemed too shy and unwilling to come out and eat. Any recommendations? Maybe it's the LFS I'm picking 'em up at.

She is still eating today but I guess she got tired of mysis because she spit them out the third times I fed her or maybe she was full.. Didn't have time to stop by Max today to get ArticPods.. bastar* getting picky :( ..

Probably full Phong, especially if you feed it 3X's a day as much as it can eat...

If I had 3 Thanksgiving dinners in one day, I'd be rejecting food too. ;D

Back