Neptune Aquatics

I went on vacation...

I just got back from a weeks vacation on the northern Oregon coast.

I left my tank in the hands of a complete novice w/ a very simple set of directions, hoping for the best.
When I got home the lights were on and I could see my glass had not been touched accept by snails. (this is good I didn't ask for glass maint.)

I was worried about the "sitter" screwing something up or doing something I had not asked for. Everything was fine. My wrasse vanished for a week before I left, he's back. My tang ran out of seaweed and shows some stress.. I'll get him fixed up this week w/ some fresh macro.

The only loss I found was an acro I have been nursing back from an BTA burn. Apparently, when my tang ran out of seaweed the little bugger picks up frags. I've seen it do this...as well as bite LPS coral. All my mounted LPS corals are fine. Great PE and show growth. The frags in my rack didn't do as well. About 1/2 of my 20 or so frags were upside down in the sand under the rack. On I had been really hoping to grow out was under my large trachaphillia upside down in the sand. I didn't see it till this morning because the brain had it covered up. When I righted it, it was falling apart so I took it out...

All in all, I am VERY happy. I need to clean up.. water change etc.. but I only lost 1 frag.

It is a REALLY good thing for this tang, I built the tank for it... or his new name would be sushi...

Glad your tank is OK. Remember you can always ask for a member to be an emergency helper.

Besides the tank, how was vacation? Did you make it to Multnomah Falls and the others? Awessome falls!

Bahhh I typed up a long responce and accidently clicked something,,, poof its all gone.

I didn't make it to and waterfalls, but I did make it to alot of spots like the devils churn.

My condo's back patio was right on the cliff overlooking a nice rocky tide pool. Lots of splash and spray all week.

Yellow bellied hippo.

My wife watched it eat a head of nuclear green candy cane. I have seen it pick up and move multiple frags and seen it bite my trachaphillia, really pissing it off.

I guess it decided it really liked the fresh macro I left it and ate it up. I hadnt left any directions about adding algea for my tang.

I just found out he fed all week w/ the lights off. Only my diamond goby will eat before lights on. So my tang is probably REAL hungry.

Back