Jestersix

Introductions

patchin

Supporting Member
With so many new faces around, I think it would be a good idea to have a quick "stand up and give your handle and name" at the beginning of the next meeting. Some people participate all the time in the forum, but I have no idea who they are in person. Comments?

I don't know that'd I'd like that but I definately think we at least need to use 1 door and have someone man a sign in table at the door. We might even be able to use that to aid with DBTC transactions. I could easily print a list of scheduled transactions even.... ok well the sign in table is a must at least :)

I would love that, however being me I'll forget most peoples names by the time the next person starts introducing themselves.

Also this is probably better suited in the club-business forum :D

This was my first meeting and I had met about 4-5 people before, everyone else was new to me. Now I can put some more faces and names behind other BAR members' handles. A lot of people did not wear name tags or I could not read what the tag said.
I wasn't really sure how it worked with delivering/receiving frags but after a while I figured it out and asked other members if they knew a person who has a certain handle and if they could point them out to me.
I think the sign in table at the entrance and aid with DBTC transactions is a good idea. By the next meeting I will probably have forgotten some of the faces and names again since I am also bad with remembering names.

If you're concerned with the who's who, by all means take initiative and check people in that way you'll get to know everyone. The more involved you get in the club the more it helps the club, I'm speaking of bread and butter stuff setup, cleanup, check in. Ask Charles, or Bryan "what can I do to help you?", if you arrive early you'll get to know everyone quickly.

The reason I would take that approach is because some people are not comfortable speaking to a group of people they don't know.

Back