got ethical husbandry?

Is it weird that...

GSP should be open in a day.
But the one on the right looks a little light colored.
If it dies, I have tons more - free. I have to prune it regularly.

Be warned on GSP : It will take over!!
Give it a dedicated rock. One plus though : It really only grows up and sideways, not down.
So if you put it on top of a pillar, you are fine.

Oh yeah, the GSP did already start opening up. And thanks, I will keep it on a dedicated rock.

I posted this on my tank journal, but I'm hoping for a quick reply so will post here to. I found this little guy, must have hitchhiked his way into my QT on that chunk of rock I put in yesterday. Anyway, it looks like a tiny starfish. Are they safe? And if so, what should I feed it?

Thanks you guys. I did find a bit more info on these little asterina, and as usual you're absolutely right. This little guy (we call him Tortilla) is still alive, but not traveling around the tank as fast as the first night. I hope he's okay.

As I read more about them I'm getting mixed info. It seems like at lower numbers they're great cleaners. But as the number of them reaches some (IDK) critical mass (?) they start attacking coral. I think I'll just leave little Tortilla in the QT for now.

There are also different species of Astrina that people simply call Astrina. While one may be good, another may not be. I'm no echinoderm expert so do not ask me.

Back