High Tide Aquatics

Jeff's 120

Thinking about adding an additional Sedra 5000 or maybe a Sedra 9000 to my ASM G3 skimmer as part of a recirculation MOD... Anyone here ever do something like this before? Any pros or cons I should be considering?

Well I don't have a whole lot of corals yet... I hope to gather a nice selection of SPS over the next 6 months or so to grow out. Anyone who wants to help me fill up my frag tank feel free to help me out... ;) I'll grow lots of nice stuff for DBTC ;D. So here are a few pics of some things I do have. A few of the SPS I have was fragged only a week ago today so those have not fully recovered. The zoos in these pics will represent most of the frags I'll be bringing to the frag swap. Most of my SPS here is less than a month old in my tanks so the color still needs some improving.

3221085745_6ff3af6c64_b.jpg

3221939178_31526219bb_b.jpg

3221086989_a6d444bf92_b.jpg

3221938364_d551ae6c9c_b.jpg

3221086135_a367ffe1da_b.jpg

So that's what I've got right now. A few doubles on the Pics; sorry. Will post some update shots of these in a couple of weeks once everything has brightened up and come fully out. Actually saw a lot better polyp extension later on this evening when feeding the oysterfeast. They definanly respond to that stuff. My frag tank is only about a tenth full right now so I've got lots of room to diversify by selection. Hope you enjoyed the pics...

So I'm trying to determine if Clams will be happy in my tank down the road here. I've kept many clams successfully in standard 55g and 75g tanks with 250 W 14K MH's over them. This tank however is different in that it is 30" deep. At 30" deep running 250 W 20K Radium MH's... clams on the sand bed? Nothing I'm doing soon but wanted to get the BAR experience on this if any.

Don't apologize I love it. Besides if I'm paying $90/month for my data plan I'm on getting get my monies worth. So keep them coming.

I got the reducer fitting in yesterday that I needed to hook up my Calcium reactor. Having a hell of a time getting my effluent drip rate and bubble count rate dialed in. I'll get them both set... walk away for 30min to an hour... come back and they are greatly reduced or even stopped. Is this a typical behavior at first?

What are you using to control your drip rate? Also when setting flows I found it best to do a high flow purge to get rid of the air that may be trapped in a line before trying to reduce and set flow.

[quote author=zambavi link=topic=4762.msg77047#msg77047 date=1233016132]
So I'm trying to determine if Clams will be happy in my tank down the road here. I've kept many clams successfully in standard 55g and 75g tanks with 250 W 14K MH's over them. This tank however is different in that it is 30" deep. At 30" deep running 250 W 20K Radium MH's... clams on the sand bed? Nothing I'm doing soon but wanted to get the BAR experience on this if any.
[/quote]

Don't have personal experience with this deep of a tank, but I have seen others threads where they raise up their clam on the rock work to meet the required lighting needs. Would this be a possibility for you?

[quote author=Lyn link=topic=4762.msg77191#msg77191 date=1233098386]
[quote author=zambavi link=topic=4762.msg77047#msg77047 date=1233016132]
[/quote]

Don't have personal experience with this deep of a tank, but I have seen others threads where they raise up their clam on the rock work to meet the required lighting needs. Would this be a possibility for you?
[/quote]

Not really because of the way I set up my rock work... Sand is the only option.

[quote author=Vento link=topic=4762.msg77190#msg77190 date=1233098063]
What are you using to control your drip rate? Also when setting flows I found it best to do a high flow purge to get rid of the air that may be trapped in a line before trying to reduce and set flow.
[/quote]

The Drip rate is being controlled by the control valve coming off of the effluent line that came with the CR. The bubble count is being controlled by the control on the CO2 dual electronic regulator. The needle control that came with the CR is worthless so far. One tiny budge with it is the difference between no drip and 60 drips a minute. I can get both the drip and bubble to where it should be and it will stay that way for a little while but it's an hour plus later than I'm coming back and it has the typical thing that I am finding is that the bubble count has gone to nearly 0-2 a minute and the effluent drip has slowed to 4-6 drips a minute... (Bubble should be around 10 and drips around 40) I'm not understanding why it is changing...

Back