got ethical husbandry?

jestersix 150G PlasmaLand

Looking at the original website, it says their products are no longer available. Due to overdemand? or did something go wrong with them? (Another orbitech type snafu?)

Mine are Beta units - I'm not sure where they are in releasing the new production models, but last I heard they are still on track to release. I heard rumors they were working on an "upgrade" before the release, but don't have any confirmation on that. I am pleased with mine and from discussion I had with Stray Light the production models will have that extra finish to make them consumer ready.

sfsuphysics said:
Looking at the original website, it says their products are no longer available. Due to overdemand? or did something go wrong with them? (Another orbitech type snafu?)

Nothing is wrong. If you knew what other projects they are working on and what that could mean for them in terms of dollars, you'd soon realize the smallest amount of profit from any product they might want to sell would be the aquarium trade. They have much larger fish to fry :) saying that, I'll contact the CEO as he was very forth coming about the aquarium plans :) I suspect some retooling is taking place after getting quite a few suggestions from aquarists :)

Think multiple massive military and HLS contracts :)

Why would the military or HLS be interested in plasma arc lights? Do they make other products? Working on a lightning gun?

Think about a spot light that can blind you several miles away :)

The military doesn't just buy weapons either, they have all kinds of equipment for building roads, building, etc as well as a need to light those :)

+1 Gresham...I know these puppies are bright! PAR at 4 inches in air is 3000+. We used one of mine on a rack as a painting light in our living room with 15 foot+ vaulted ceilings before we set the tank up - from the upstairs one lit the whole room like daylight - and that is just the 290W version!

r0ck0 said:
Yes but conspiracies are more interesting than industrial lighting. Oh wait, no they aren't.

No they are :) Industrial lighting is cool, but how many books sell on that subject compare to conspiracies :lol:

I'll take the door labeled 24 please... Jack Bower for the win

jestersix said:
+1 Gresham...I know these puppies are bright! PAR at 4 inches in air is 3000+. We used one of mine on a rack as a painting light in our living room with 15 foot+ vaulted ceilings before we set the tank up - from the upstairs one lit the whole room like daylight - and that is just the 290W version!

What we've found with a Li-COR PAR sensor is that the plasma at 50% is pretty much equivalent to a 400W MH in terms of light output, but it only uses 220W. At 100% intensity it more than doubles the light output of a 400W MH.

Jake is posting it has a nice UVA spike as well Matt. Wish he would have posted numbers though :(

Some new goodies in the tank...

DSC00947.jpg

DSC00946.jpg

DSC00944.jpg

Hope the LT plate does better for you then all my attempts :(

I'm hoping it does well, so far it is a pig. I've had it about three weeks - when it first went into the tank it was open and out in fifteen minutes. It is eating mysis twice a week and so far looks good. But then again, it has only been three weeks! I'm really hoping for a long term relationship - it sure is nice.

I've had several do the same for months on end only to succumb to what most do, loss of flesh for what ever reason on the underside.

fingers crossed for you, it's a nice looking one. now get some of the little eels that live in them :lol:

Some new pics, first a FTS with lights at 50%

048REV.jpg

Some growth shots - first pic of each frag will be at 5/27 second from yesterday

Purple Milli

Seashine150019.jpg

025.jpg

Echinata? That was what I was told...open to an ID if anyone knows

Seashine150009-1.jpg

024.jpg

Back