Jestersix

June Meeting - Cephalopods In Home Aquaria

Please join us for a talk by our own Richard Ross on June 14 at 1pm

Keeping cephs at home has taken leaps forward in the last few years. This talk will cover the basics of ceph husbandry, breeding and the reality of keeping the exotic species.

The meeting will be held at Aquatic Specialties And Pets (ASAP) located at 31640 Hayman Street, Hayward, CA 94544

People will sometimes wear name tags. Some people you will learn really fast because they are very vocal and active. The fastest way to get to know people is to get involved :)

When doing DBTC handoffs at thee meetings does it usally happen before or after the speaker?

Sorry for the dumb questions I am just trying to learn the BAR way

Either before or after, if it's before it gives you a chance to get there a little early meet some people, place names to faces that sort of thing, after if you can't find them before :D

Just not during ;)

[quote author=LordHelmet link=topic=3705.msg43930#msg43930 date=1211759197]
Is there going to be calamari?
[/quote]If not I can get some, that stuff is bait though :D

Hey Roc,

Feel free to come a little early and help us get set up. There is only a little to be done and it is a great chance to talk before it gets too busy.

C

I'll be talking about keeping and breeding these guys:

DSC_9081.jpg

DSC_8213_flam_greatsideshot.jpg

DSC_0358_messed_with.jpg

DSC_7425_cuttlewithdime.jpg

:D

Cephs care too cool, when I started this hobby I bought a small Octo and had him for about a year before his demise, these little guys were being given out like candy at that time, once I did my research and found out the needs of these fragile creatures I avoided them because I found that they require more attention then the average reefer can give. So I'm pretty stoked to see what some deticated reefers have done to keep this awsome marine life!

[quote author=Paradox link=topic=3705.msg44780#msg44780 date=1212693073]
Speaking of Cephs, Eric, I can bring your to the meeting. =)
[/quote]
Sweet - ceph show and tell!

[quote author=Lyn link=topic=3705.msg45538#msg45538 date=1213387321]
Hello,

I am new. Do i need to sign up for the Ceph. meeting and how do I do this?
[/quote]

Just bring a frag for everyone who goes to the meeting ;D
** j/k

Welcome to BAR!! You will love it here.

Unfortunately, I will not be making the meeting. My apologies to those I was supposed to pick up stuff from. Salt, Groundhog, Eric. Theresa has vetoed leaving vacation, Mt Shasta, a little early so we could get there in time. I'll try to pick up stuff soon. Besides, I need to get home and see how the tanks are doing, my ex always takes care of them.

Back