Our mission

Leemar Starphire 290

Very nice.
Hope Im wrong but looks like a Red Bug in picture third from the end.
If so, I just started using Bayer Advanced Complete Insect Killer myself and it works great.

Hey Brian, I thought the same thing. I have been staring at the coral and can't see them, but I'll be keeping an eye out. I have been reading about the Bayer treatment. Crazy, but apparently works. So if I have 1.........does that mean I have to dip every coral?

Yeah thats the good/ bad thing about Macro photos :) You can take more photos and see if they move.
I went through and dipped all non-encrusted SPS . Some had none, others did. I had been using CoralRX ,QT and thought I was being very careful but.
I told myself it was cyclopezee for a week before I faced reality :)
Wouldn't hurt to try if its possible.
Hope Im wrong . Tank does look great.

Yeah, the pic 4th from the bottom in the first set of pics is the same coral, and also looks to have a red bug on it. I'll get some Bayer tomorrow and give it a shot. I'll keep ya posted on how the bayer works. Ironically I just spent a couple hours the other night reading through the bayer thread on RC. I guess I should get my frag tank going so I can keep an eye on them.

Thanks Monzer!

Those corals are SO small! LOL! The Macro makes em look big. Not so impressive with the FTS. I'm taking lots of photo's though, so I will post when I get a good one. ;)

Thanks Salty, slowly getting things dialed in. Been enjoying the process very much. Not without it's problems. Treating for cyano at the moment and still trying to get my phosphates down. All in all, I am happy and having fun. I'm looking forward to seeing your tank up and running..........especially with the radions!

TDS is actually zero. I have a dual meter to read incoming and outgoing TDS. I have a brand new 4 stage RO/DI unit that has been amazing. I will be putting in new filters in the next month or two though. With filling this beast and weekly water changes. I am using a LOT of water.

Problem was I had REALLY high phosphates and nitrates in my FOWLR tank when I consolidated. So the cyano started with my diatom bloom. It hasn't gotten any worse, and my phosphates are hovering around .10. I just treated yesterday for the cyano to officially get rid of it and went through the tank and manually removed as much of it as I could. Hopefully this works. I'm gonna change out my carbon and GFO tomorrow along with a large water change and fingers crossed will have finally caught up with the phosphates. I never cared about them before......never tested for it, etc. So I am paying for that now. :(

Not sure what you are treating the cyano with, but be carefull! I usually just manually remove, change water, use lots of gfo, make sure there's no obvious dead spots, and it will go away

scuba71 said:
Hey Kris,

What's your TDS of your top-off water?

Good timeing Monzer........TDS started registering 1 a couple days ago when I refilled my ATO. Now reads 2. Have a new set (carbon, DI, 1 micron pre-filter) on order that will be here thursday.

Got my frag tank running and am very pleased with it. Making a video on my refugium, but too busy to finish editing at the moment. Hopefully soon.

Are you in San Jose? I've had bad experiences with San Jose water. Pre DI, I would get 20 on one day, and the next day 10. So I ended up adding two DI reactors for ATO. Thank God I don't have that problem in Campbell.

Nope, in Pacifica. Water seems pretty good here. I don't have my TDS placed right before the DI though. I have it just on the incoming to the unit and it is usually about 30-40TDS before any filtration. Seems pretty good??

Back