Reef nutrition

[Mar 14, 2015] Members Frag Swap and General Membership Meeting (Hayward, CA)

Jonmos - I would totally love a cluster of GSP! Hopefully there will be Xenia and Colt and yellow polyps. Starting a school tank and gotta have those! Years ago I had areas of gsp and yellow polyps glued to my tank's back wall and they looked good and never spread off the wall. Eventually I hope to have all different types of corals but I bet many students will think pulsing xenia is the coolest thing ever.
Any particular help needed the day of the swap? Or possibly ahead of time, as my schedule allows? I have no frags at this time but want to contribute to the club in some way.

MolaMola, when you start the school tank you should post a thread or tank journal on here. I'm sure a lot of BAR people would love to donate coral. I have a big duncan I've been meaning to get rid of.

Jonmos - I would totally love a cluster of GSP!

I will be bring at least 10 frags
IMAG0208.jpg

Jon - great job on fragging those GSP's! Do you have a tank journal yet? Looks good from what I can see! And you seem to have a bunch of BTA's that have split?! Hope you bring some to the swap!!

Jon - great job on fragging those GSP's! Do you have a tank journal yet? Looks good from what I can see! And you seem to have a bunch of BTA's that have split?! Hope you bring some to the swap!!

Thanks Geneva

No I have not started a tank journal as of yet...but I will ....lol

Yes I am going to bring as many of the RBTA's that are on the glass or that I can easily get off the rocks, yet we all know what a PITA taking them off the rocks can be so we will have to see how many come with me to the Frag Swap...lol

I will attend, but I don't know if I'll be able to participate in the swap part of things. Still recovering from spine surgery which really limits my tank activities.

You sure the club doesn't want to sell raffle tickets??? (I was under the impression that someone generously took care of the club's classification for tax purposes to tackle this issue)

*Shrug* ... <--- Will buy your raffle tickets :D

Last edited:
Oh yes i believe the club currently still applying with the IRS to sell raffle tickets. However once we give you the raffle ticket for free, thats your property and you do what you want with it :)

So the club cant sell any raffle tickets yet. Everyone gets 1 free raffle ticket for this frag swap. But there will be awesome prizes!

In the near future i want to have forum competitions and one of the prizes may include extra raffle tickets.

Last edited:
I just bought a boat load of corals from @nly04 last night since he is taking down his beautiful tank.

I will also be bringing a green yuma for the swap and a ton of chaetomorpha refugiun algae for the free stuff section.

He still has a ton of corals (tyree toadstool, green bubble coral, mushrooms, lobo and fish) and equipment to sell so contact him!

Hes in the east bay.

Needles to say I will have FREE GPS frags for who ever wants them...lol

Would I need to put them into individual containers or can I bring a big container and people could pick out which ones they want?
John - it would be great it if you could put them in individual containers but if you don't have that many containers, put them in one big one and I will bring a bunch of extra containers and we can separate them when you get to the swap! That way members don't have to bring their own containers unless they want to...but it would be great if you could bring enough water to cover the GSP! We'll work it out!! Thanks!!

John - it would be great it if you could put them in individual containers but if you don't have that many containers, put them in one big one and I will bring a bunch of extra containers and we can separate them when you get to the swap! That way members don't have to bring their own containers unless they want to...but it would be great if you could bring enough water to cover the GSP! We'll work it out!! Thanks!!

Thanks Geneva,

I don't have a Smart and Final by us but I am an Amazon prime member and just received 40 containers with lids for 11.00....so they will be individually packed ...thanks for the help

Back