Marlon's 25 lagoon

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Calde0920, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Calde0920

Calde0920 Guest

Yeah I would really like to get a vortech in this tank. Waiting or black Friday hopefully some online retailers have deals

2. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

Ecotech products very seldom go on sale, if ever. You have a better chance waiting for BRS to give a 10% BRS rewards weekend to at least get some money back to spend later. If you join the nano-reef.com group buy for BRS, you can get 10% rewards usually one weekend a month.

3. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

BRS group buy rotate every week, reef2reef, reefcentral, facebook etc all have their own weekend. So you just have to figure out which one is up next to get 10% that week :)

4. Calde0920

Calde0920 Guest

Quick update diyd my ac into a fuge just waiting on the light. Does anyone have some spare cheato? I can buy[​IMG]

5. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Where are you located? I'm just about to harvest my chaeto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Calde0920

Calde0920 Guest

I'm located in the north Bay Petaluma and you?

7. Vhuang168

That's too bad. I'm in south San Jose. I don't know if any other BAR members near you.

8. Gablami

Gablami Supporting Member

I got some at my LFS. They should all have some. But after I put it in, I got all paranoid of pest infestation.

9. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

You can try a freshwater bath. I was a little worried too, so I put it in RO/DI water for 10-15 min before putting it my fuge. Whole lotta critters came off and doesn't seem to affect chaeto at all.

10. Corallus

Corallus BAR Sponsorship Coordinator

Looks great!
    Super curious to see how your dwarf angles do together, I've been thinking about putting a couple in my tank as well.

Calde0920 likes this.
  11. Vhuang168

When I got mine initially, I asked the LFS to call me when they got a new shipment and to hold a bag for me before they put it in their system.

12. Calde0920

Calde0920 Guest

13. Calde0920

Calde0920 Guest

Well the dwarf angels are getting along. There is no chasing and no bullying. The coral beauty is bigger but the flame is more active. He swims around all day the coral just likes to chill and go to the back when I approach at times. Both are eating and doing great. And also a major concern was coral eating and that has not happened and I hope it doesn't.

14. Calde0920

Calde0920 Guest

Did you see any bad critters or just a lot of copepods?

15. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

It was mostly pods, but there were also a couple bristle worms, 1 or 2 teeny snails, and a few things I couldn't ID.

16. Gablami

I only saw pods. Maybe I'll take out the chaeto tomorrow and freshwater bathe them. Then I'll have to add new copepods like you did Randy.

17. Calde0920

Calde0920 Guest

If you introduced it to your tank already isn't it to late from the ro bath?

18. Gablami

Well, my tank is basically empty. Still cycling. I don't care if there are copepods, didn't see any bristle worms. I probably won't do anything in reality. I guess I was just curious what was in the chaeto. I'm not sure how these things get through the black foam stuff in the divider between the skimmer compartment and the return compartment. Like if I had a pod hotel and a mandarin in the DT. I guess it gets through somehow.

19. Calde0920

Calde0920 Guest

Yeah can they get through a sponge?

20. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

I would say too late. Some of those critters of real dinky.