Kessil

Mobius and vortech

Today I upgraded my MP40 QD to the mobius by installing the mobius module on the power heads.
First impression not bad at all. Installation was easy, updated fw on the 6 mp40s then added the power heads to the mobius app.
Programming is much easier and more intuitive compared to eco smart live, and connectivity is good (so far).
They also give you a ready settings if you want to have an easy programming, or get the granularity of your choosing.

Enabling feed mode is also easy.
By far more superior compared to controlling the power heads with apex or GHL, and definitely easier and more reliable than eco smart live.
These are the screens and sequence of the app... as I said it was intuitive.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200715-225343_Mobius.jpg
    Screenshot_20200715-225343_Mobius.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 234
  • Screenshot_20200715-225327_Mobius.jpg
    Screenshot_20200715-225327_Mobius.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 229
  • Screenshot_20200715-225323_Mobius.jpg
    Screenshot_20200715-225323_Mobius.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 217
  • Screenshot_20200715-225316_Mobius.jpg
    Screenshot_20200715-225316_Mobius.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 199
  • 20200715_225440.jpg
    20200715_225440.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
@ofzakaria I am interest in one pump also.

Yes agree, Mobius is very easy to use and stable to me. I have my 150gal with 3 mp40 and 2 Gen5 XR30 blue. I was able to get the XR30Gen4 connect to Mobius last night, too. No more Reef link.

can the xr15 g3 pro be upgraded to work with mobius?
Good question. I do know the answer, I w0ild think it's a matter of having the mobius module. My g8ess would be their wireless design is unified across their products, meaning the mobius module can be installed on any of their products.

can the xr15 g3 pro be upgraded to work with mobius?
Do you currently have your xr15 hooked up to Ecosmart? I think somewhere in the light description in that it will say if it's Mobius ready.

That said, if your lights are set up, and you never need to change the settings on the fly there really isn't any reason to go into Mobius. Spend $25(?) for the chip, give your lights the exact same schedule, and never touch it again? :D

Do you currently have your xr15 hooked up to Ecosmart? I think somewhere in the light description in that it will say if it's Mobius ready.

That said, if your lights are set up, and you never need to change the settings on the fly there really isn't any reason to go into Mobius. Spend $25(?) for the chip, give your lights the exact same schedule, and never touch it again? :D

yeah, i don't think it says mobius ready in ecosmart, i think it only says that if it can currently use mobius without any upgrades. and i've been tweaking with my lights every so often for various things but its a bit of a hassle to get the computer out and change it..or if someone comes to visit when they lights are off i cant just pop on the blues and show them easily

yeah, i don't think it says mobius ready in ecosmart, i think it only says that if it can currently use mobius without any upgrades. and i've been tweaking with my lights every so often for various things but its a bit of a hassle to get the computer out and change it..or if someone comes to visit when they lights are off i cant just pop on the blues and show them easily
Understandable. Having the Reeflink makes it easier, but that's another added expense (not cheap either) to be able to program your lights without plugging a USB cable into them.

ok tried the app, it says "Devices found" and then tells me to click the device to update it, but no devices actually show up and it just hangs there with a half filled bar. Not sure if I'm just being app stupid, or if the software doesn't detect G4s yet, but both of those options are entirely possible. Or maybe I need to wait an absurdly long time?

According to them, some of the new day Gen4 will not able to use Mobius, ALL the Gen3 will not work with Mobius because they are using the older version of the RF chip/module, this chip does not has Bluetooth feature. If you still want to use Mobius, you can swap out the old RF module (green look) to the newer RF module (blueish/blackish look) then Mobius will detect the light.

Mobius ready means it has the bluetooth chip that mobius use for connection.
I guarantee you, whatever product that can work with ecosmart can be upgraded to mobius via the module.
Or, any product that can be turned in to wireless by adding their ef module for ecosmart, can also be used on mobius if you add mobius module instead of the rf module.

Back