Reef nutrition

Mobius and vortech

Just updated my Vectra M1, and yeah it took a relatively long time... like 300 baud modem days :D. Unfortunately I didn't realize it was going to turn the pump off, so of course my skimmer overflowed *grrr*. Didn't see the G4pros on the update list, not sure if they aren't yet updated or if they won't update if linked to an ecosmart live account. Either way, they work I can wait.

Just updated my Vectra M1, and yeah it took a relatively long time... like 300 baud modem days :D. Unfortunately I didn't realize it was going to turn the pump off, so of course my skimmer overflowed *grrr*. Didn't see the G4pros on the update list, not sure if they aren't yet updated or if they won't update if linked to an ecosmart live account. Either way, they work I can wait.
Yeh my vortechs each took lile 20 to 30min updating it was nuts. I think it's because the link is bluetooth and they updated multiple things from rf firmware to device firmware and bios...

Btw be patient it will take a long time but it will update otherwise it will give you an error. Important not to turn off the vectra or close the app until it's done.
Once update happen the mobius app will be the main thing, you will no longer use the ecosmart live..
So far am loving the mobius app very cool

Well it is already done, I was just annoyed I had to sit by my phone to make sure it didn't go to sleep while updating. That said, I never had the Vectra hooked up to Ecosmart Live, never really felt the need, don't feel the need to have it hooked to Mobius but I just wanted something new to play with :) I do want to know if the Radion G4s are ready to go with the Mobius software yet as I have a feeling I need to remove them from Ecosmart Live first, but I don't want to remove them until I know they are ready to be Mobius ready... quite the conundrum :) That said, I like the Ecosmart desktop (web) interface way better than the Ecosmart App, I hope the Mobius is closer to the former, it's hard to tell from just the pump, which doesn't exactly need the control that lights do.

Btw be patient it will take a long time but it will update otherwise it will give you an error. Important not to turn off the vectra or close the app until it's done.
Once update happen the mobius app will be the main thing, you will no longer use the ecosmart live..
So far am loving the mobius app very cool

Just wondering if you’ll be able to control Mobius remotely? My lights and pumps still hooked up EcoSmart app.

Just wondering if you’ll be able to control Mobius remotely? My lights and pumps still hooked up EcoSmart app.
No, that's the one thing you loose. You can no longer control if you are away from your home.
I think it's ok cause lights and power heads are things you set and forget and should only want to change when you are next to the tank like activating feed mode and such.
I never needed to access my lights or pumps when am out of the house...

From what I gather it's bluetooth communication so, remotely is whatever the range of that is. My understanding is the Ecosmart app connects via wifi to a cloud server, and your lights/pumps communicate with that server via the Reeflink, so the app never actually communicates directly with the devices without that cloud server as the middle man. in fact one of the complaints of Ecosmart Live is if the server goes down you can't make any adjustments to your equipment. I would think that your equipment talks to the Reeflink, and then that communicates with your phone/computer to make any changes but yeah apparently they went full derp derp with that decision, because they felt that being able to change your lighting schedule from another state was a feature people wanted :)

No, that's the one thing you loose. You can no longer control if you are away from your home.
I think it's ok cause lights and power heads are things you set and forget and should only want to change when you are next to the tank like activating feed mode and such.
I never needed to access my lights or pumps when am out of the house...

It’s good to know but you’re right once you dialed all the setting then it should be set it and forget it. The only time I had to access my lights when I was out vacation to check my tank but it doesn’t happen too often.

From what I gather it's bluetooth communication so, remotely is whatever the range of that is. My understanding is the Ecosmart app connects via wifi to a cloud server, and your lights/pumps communicate with that server via the Reeflink, so the app never actually communicates directly with the devices without that cloud server as the middle man. in fact one of the complaints of Ecosmart Live is if the server goes down you can't make any adjustments to your equipment. I would think that your equipment talks to the Reeflink, and then that communicates with your phone/computer to make any changes but yeah apparently they went full derp derp with that decision, because they felt that being able to change your lighting schedule from another state was a feature people wanted :)

Yes the app communicate through reeflink. Mobius eliminates the need for reef link.

Yes the app communicate through reeflink. Mobius eliminates the need for reef link.
Well the app communicates second hand through Reeflink, the app connects through the internet to a cloud server, that cloud server connects to the reeflink through your local wifi network, and then the reeflink communicates to your devices. This is how you can make changes from anywhere, Mobius is direct communication with the equipment, but done so via bluetooth so limited range.

Back