Reef nutrition

My 170g cube

His burrow (cave) is in the same place. He's out and about since it's dinner time.

I don't know how old he is, I've had him since February. He jumped out of the bucket and rolled around on the garage floor before I got him into the QT tank when I brought him home. He couldn't see well out of one eye for a long time. I had to target feed him until a couple weeks ago. He tears at the Nori clip like a bulldog. It's pretty funny.

Can you fix the arch? Lots of epoxy?

Funny, my oldest current fish is a coral beauty. "Indy"
The only one remaining from when my kid was younger and named them.
Fortunately, no problem with coral so far.
Like flame angels, usually ok, but not always.

My coral beauty is more interested in competing with my tangs than nipping at corals. That sucks though that your arch broke in the process. What’s that zebra looking fish? Not the tang.

I was working in the bay area yesterday and took one of the biggest Miami hurricane frags with me to trade for two heads of Duncan for my daughter's tank.

I'm really disappointed in what I was given and upset with myself for not checking the frag and trusting someone. This is not something I would give someone as value.

Im not going to call the guy. I should have checked it before I accepted the trade.
da4f88ba7edebf1f3fb5b373fbd20b3a.jpg

Nipping doesnt really bother the sps. I doubt the coral beauty was trying to eat the sps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was working in the bay area yesterday and took one of the biggest Miami hurricane frags with me to trade for two heads of Duncan for my daughter's tank.

I'm really disappointed in what I was given and upset with myself for not checking the frag and trusting someone. This is not something I would give someone as value.

Im not going to call the guy. I should have checked it before I accepted the trade.
da4f88ba7edebf1f3fb5b373fbd20b3a.jpg

Hey, Im checking out a vendor today and he has some huge duncans. Will inspect in person to see if they are good. If it checks out, Im going to be buying them and you can come over and take for free.

Its unfortunate people sell/trade bad frags but its a learning lesson for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only a few days after moving the coral beauty from the big tank and I already have polyp extention coming back and seeing some encrusting on the red planet, green slimmer, pink lemonade and WD Tenuis.

I haven't seen polyps on any of these corals in months. Less than a week without the angel and I see polyps and new growth.

You can see the damage the coral beauty did to the cyphastrea. It was definitely one of her favorite drive by snacks.

Nitrates are still sitting around 25 so I added 1/4 cup of biopellets to the reactor. I haven't gotten around to building a new compartment for my return so I can have a refugium (I want to eliminate the biopellet reactor eventually) but I tossed some chaeto in the little 4" compartment before my filter socks (actually cups with filter floss that I replace twice a week) and taped some led strips to the side of the sump. I don't expect much but it won't hurt anything to try.

I'm still Tinkering with a 3d printed upflow turf scrubber design, I just don't really want to order coated magnets for it. Too many other projects right now.
31af5ff6ff2ba3affed89bf40f1f94b4.jpg
fd10499fb7397dbca7c7aee8d61b5ba6.jpg

Back