Reef nutrition

My 200 gallon mixed reef tank

Do you mean an Ebay auction, if so, I'm already all over those. Just discovering the live sale's, those are fun too. Already running out of space, seems like I'm gonna set up a 2nd tank sooner than I expected.

Are you in San Jose? Im down to meet up with you and chat about all the places I look for rare/nice coral. Im really hesitant on many and only decide to buy after Ive watched a vendor sell for a few months. That way I memorize prices, types out there... etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f357901039931c6faad786f139ff6a22.jpg

Saw a black/blue torch with yellow tips and I had to get it... along with an olive green/yellow tip torch heh... NOT BUYING ANYMORE. I hope.

Are you in San Jose? Im down to meet up with you and chat about all the places I look for rare/nice coral. Im really hesitant on many and only decide to buy after Ive watched a vendor sell for a few months. That way I memorize prices, types out there... etc.

Nope, I'm in Oakland. Sounds smart on staking out the vendors for a while before purchasing. I have been mostly ordering chalices lately and they seem to handle the shipping well, so haven't needed to be as cautious.

Just got a sea hare! Booty pic! NSFW.

fadf1cec72683249f17c73ec4e5aa143.jpg

In less than 24 hours, it cleaned one of the sides of my huge rock.

Before picture:
21894e49a1727a436cabe72e51a6cbfc.jpg

After picture:
f0d41809f877aad7a3e1fba2c5256acb.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have algae?

I have an okay amount. I tried not to overfeed so it wouldnt get out of hand. Now that I have Mr. Lard, I can start feeding more.

If I run out of algae, and its not growing back, I was thinking I could lend him to some friends to help clean up their algae problem. Would obviously have to see their tank myself and make sure they arent just taking it to take it.

Definitely diatoms and part of a new tank. I've got some on my sandbed and would never pick up a sea hare for it. It naturally goes away and then you've got a starving sea hare on your hand. They need a substantial amount of algae to survive.

That does look nice. Looks aussie, though I can’t really see the skeletal base. Is it a pink polyp one?

Someone said indo is green and aussie is white. Its green with gold tips so Im thinking its indo? Skeletal base is white though.

The guy I got it from had the same one with pink polyps that I wanted. Going to see how well this does for a few weeks before buying more. If you are ever in South SJ, feel free to come on by and check it out. Its so big, I can easily bandsaw you a piece.

Back