High Tide Aquatics

My behemoth of a tank

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=3502.msg42001#msg42001 date=1209496487]
Son of a ...

[/quote]

Eric aren't you the one that told me to always dip? Did you skip that step this time? How do you end up with bugs?

Sorry to hijack, but since I am getting coral from your tank, how do I deal with it? Info on interceptor dip? How do I get interceptor (anyone have some who is going on the Tank Tour?)

Not to worry, Eric. There are already a lot of info on how to kill them. The one I like most is how Melev treat his whole tank with interceptor http://www.melevsreef.com/redbugs.html and I have a friend that done the same, too.

-perry

Hook it up, Eileen. :)

I can't find the one that I got. I've usually dip, but not w/interceptor. I should start incorporating it though...

Hmm, never tried CR before so no idea.

Here are some shots of some of the corals from Perry. Not the best shots, but gives you an idea.

Aussie monti; gonna see what happens in the tank w/the lighting.
aussie_monti_042908.jpg

Never had any luck with slimers before off fresh cuts. Hopefully this one works.
green_slimer_042908.jpg

superman_monti_042908.jpg

Coming back home; never seen such yellow eyes before!
tyree_bigmouth_war_042908.jpg

Figured out why the awi never green...there's no tissue left on it. The base looks like there's enough on there to work with though.
acro_awi_042908.jpg

Eric the aussie micros and the kongs eye are getting pretty close to being fragging size. We can take a look at the BBQ and see what you think. When they are ready to frag they are all yours.

Yup, did a povidone dip before they all went into the tank. The tissue on the base is still alive from what I can see so it should be okay.

Thanks, B. I'll have to check them out then.

Those little b*stards dig into the flesh of the coral, so even if they're all loopy from the dip they can hang tough, kinda like the New Kids On The Block. Eileen, I tried some revive on them, and they didn't really react to it as much as TMPCC, it seemed to work better than providine though, that stuff doesn't seem to phase them. The MR corals came down with the bugs, so I had a little fun experimenting on them before Interceptoring them.. It takes a lot of dip no matter what you use to knock them off.

Eric you haven't had the best of luck lately huh? I hope things get a little smoother for you.

I can get you frags if you see something you like in my tank on sunday. I got regular corals not too much LE.

Thanks, Arnold. LOL, Bryan.

BTW, who dips their corals in interceptor and how do you go about it? I've got an electronic scale that I can weigh with ...

I do 12 hour Interceptor for all incoming frags.

The original dosage was 1 pill for 380g of water.

Later experiments showed that you can go up to 10x original dosage with no ill effects. So that would be 1 pill for 38g.

I'm running a 10g quarantine, so nowadays I just use 1/16 of a pill for > 2x original dosage and call it good.

No way! welcome to the clam club. Man and you didn't tell me. - what did you get? Peace coral.....no dremmel - I am afraid to chop it, not sure how without killing it. Its getting a good size too. Maybe I will give some out on the tour.

Eric, you need to bring your own tools - I really have none.

Back