Kessil

My fish tank

OS0001.jpg

Well, Marc.....I guess you'll be getting that promotion! :)

Very nice success with your tank and extra credit for your photos. One problem..........now I just HAVE to have a frag of your lovely red cyphastrea! Please put me on a waiting list! Great work buddy!

Thanks eveyone :)

Mike- I guess that is what happens when they leave things up to volunteers who get no support :X But thats a whole different story...

Congratulations Mark, long overdue IMO....I do have a question after going over the RK article. I saw you are able to keep your pH between 8.2-8.4. I'm sure you have a good amount of effluent coming out of your CaRx. Do you have a second chamber? Or do you have the effluent going into some cup with aeration? The reason I ask, is that I was battling low ph this winter. I didn't see any use of a kalk reactor, so I am just curious on how you keep your ph so high in the winter. Thanks, and congratulations.

fishez4alivin said:
Congratulations Mark, long overdue IMO....I do have a question after going over the RK article. I saw you are able to keep your pH between 8.2-8.4. I'm sure you have a good amount of effluent coming out of your CaRx. Do you have a second chamber? Or do you have the effluent going into some cup with aeration? The reason I ask, is that I was battling low ph this winter. I didn't see any use of a kalk reactor, so I am just curious on how you keep your ph so high in the winter. Thanks, and congratulations.

I was gonna ask the same question but was to lazy to type it in.
My PH was 7.8 last night!

Thanks guys, as for my PH, I used to have issues with my PH when I had a PM and geo reactor, but since I set up the new tank with the AquaC, for some reason, I have not had a problem. I can not say that the reactor is the solution for sure, but I'm not complaining either :) My effluent is located right in the path of on my my drains into my sump. I do not have a sceond chamber or use a cup or any other device; heck I don't even use a PH controller to monitor the reagulator, just the old school method of the bubble count vs. effluent.
I have noticed that as the pump from the skimmer is placing more air into the water, my PH is slightly lower. This morning @ 5:05am it is 8.09. When it is this low, I just take a spoonful of Seachen "ph to 8.3" and it helps boost the system.

Thanks again. Hope this helps/

tuberider said:
Go team RC!!!! :D

Thanks Jeremy. I know you are a big "be part of the solution rather add to the problem" type of guy. Is RC perfect? Heck no, but its a great place to use as another tool to learn and share experiences along the way. I'm grateful to the guys & gals over there as without RC, I would of never of met a lot of people in my network of reefers that I know today....

Back