Kessil

Old NuB or New OldB

Hi. I’m getting back into being a reef keeper with an old 12 gal CPR Aquatic Micro Reef Tank that’s been sitting in a box through three moves. I kept a 25 gal Plexiglas reef tank for five years before a move, then a 50 gal reef tank, for eight years, then nothing for the last five years between two more moves. The micro reef tank was used as a quarantine tank when I had my 50. I got rid of all my books and equipment (except for the high intensity light hood with ballast and chiller) after the last move but just couldn’t get rid of the micro tank, thinking I may want to get back into it, in a smaller scale. Well, I think that day might be getting close.

I think I was a charter member of BARE, back when we met in Danville. I had a great library and had a pretty good grasp of reef tanks and was pretty successful with soft and hard corals, and a few fish, clams and invertebrates. I joined up here (or maybe rejoined) to see what has changed over the last five years, so I’ll be lurking, taking in the knowledges before I set up shop.

A real name would help jump start our old brains :)

Welcome back :D

Oh no need to post the last name ;) I'm trying to remember but that was soooo long ago.

Very few oldies are around anymore.

Back