Jestersix

Ordered these today

I'm not as cool as the "other guy" with the new nifty difty controller, but...ya, that is all I got.

..anyways, these should get to me sometime next week.
le_se_pendant.jpg

[size=20pt]+[/size]

Radiumss.jpg

[size=20pt]+[/size]

icecap_250_mh_ballast.jpg

Yeah but I already have those :).... ok not really ... ok maybe just the bulbs and balasts. BTW Tony not sure what you had before but you are going to like those a lot.

I had a Tek 4x39watt setup. This light isn't ideal spread for my tank, but for my short and long term plans, it will be :-D

This guy isn't small either lol. about 16x16x10. Apparently the designers of the lumenarc designed the lumenbright as the next gen reflector to the lumenarc. There is a huge 40+ page thread on RC that covers this reflector with loads of comparisons between this and the lumenarc.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=3786.msg44129#msg44129 date=1212073932]Hope you like it, I like the lumenarcs, although they are quite a bit bulky, bit mine only has 4 sides, yours has EIGHT! :D[/quote]

At this rate, we'll be back to round parabolic reflectors :D

need a little bit of spread over a perfect parabola :p Then again, a perfect point source+ parabola with 100% reflected light would have no depth loss aside from absorption.

...now off to the lab you lab rat, and dream me up the perfect reflector for a rectangular foot print!!

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=3786.msg44126#msg44126 date=1212072256]
Is that the Lumenmax reflector?, the one PGS tried to sue for patent infringement ? :D

[/quote]

Got that one wrong and that wasn't the suite was about.

Was it the lumenmax by sunlight? (looks just like the lumenarc but dimpled corners). I don't know who is who or what is what lol

DUCK!!!!! (anticipating that getting edited ;))

I got my pendent in today. I ordered the finished pendant. It was missing the mogal socket/cord and mounting eyebolts. Both things which are indicated as included on http://www.coralvue.com/pdfs/lumensependant.pdf There is no indication on DIYReef (where I ordered) that they were not included, nor are these part listed under the accessories section.

DUCK!!!

I need anger management courses.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3786.msg44690#msg44690 date=1212627108]
DUCK!!!!! (anticipating that getting edited ;))

I got my pendent in today. I ordered the finished pendant. It was missing the mogal socket/cord and mounting eyebolts. Both things which are indicated as included on http://www.coralvue.com/pdfs/lumensependant.pdf There is no indication on DIYReef (where I ordered) that they were not included, nor are these part listed under the accessories section.

DUCK!!!

I need anger management courses.

[/quote]Chill out there Tony, you did buy it from DIY reef right? I think they want you to DIY it, you know spread the DIY love.

Step one, get some aluminum foil.

Step two, get a small terra cotta pot.

Step three, grab and old extension chord.

Your feelin' me right?

lol. Debbie got back to me right away. She messed up and will be fixing the problem. And I was SO looking forward to getting this badboy up and running.

btw, no small terra cotta pot, but my wife did have some plaster.....

[quote author=iani link=topic=3786.msg44693#msg44693 date=1212629085]
Nice hahahaha. I like Jeremy's idea better.
[/quote]Yeah, why wait, you a #$%&, I haven't even walked you through the killer Lasagna noodle, broken pencil, Shoe Goo mogul mount.

Oh, as if I need to elaborate, please....

Noodles, mount for pot, broken pencil good sharp poke in the eye, shoe goo to make sure your running shoes are in fine repair for the inevitable sprint out of the house.

Back