Reef nutrition

Ordered these today

Yup :) Some people may be confused due to a something that happened last year, but since I really don't like airrng others dirty laundry I'll leave it at "most are just confused about what happened" :D

well, I am pushing for a refund and will turn around and find a luminarc distributor. I sure hope I get refunded shipping too.

Why find one? Just drive over there. They are nice guys and will likely walk you through their shop so you can see exactly what it is they do.

because sales tax + driving >2hrs and over 100miles round trip with current gas prices just may not be worth it :p then again, I am a sucker for the tour.

Debbie squared all away and got me my full refund. She handled it very well. I feel a bit sorry for her though. After my hoopla, it seems she assembled some of her stock and all the minis had the same issue. So now she needs to deal with coralvue on replacing all of those.

Now to get a lumenarc!

Damn Tony what an ordeal.. Just get Ian to make the 30 minute drive up there and pick it up for you.. He can bring it to the next sfbaaps meet.. :) Did you want a full size lumenarc or mini?

I wouldn't make anyone do anything, but i wouldn't piggy back on another order :p
I'm looking at the mini for my tank. Fortunately, I am in no rush since I have another light right now (although color rendition is...@$$). I also want to source the icecap ballast quick connect in a way where I don't have to pay $10 shipping n a $10 overpriced item :p

I was just going to splice a cable, but noticed the bulb side of the ballast was rated at 600V instead of the usual 120v. I'm not about to play with voltage arc fires :p

icic... What housing are you using for the ballast? I'm not sure if I saw it right or not.. The icecaps themselves don't have anytype of connector right? I think I paid 120 or so with a pgs housing for my 250w se ballast.. I bought a couple of reflectors and some other stuff at the same time though.. If you ever end up that way the guys there are great to just bs with and check out all of their stuff..

The new icecaps come with a housing
IC3161_1.jpg

The bulb side has a connector like a typical computer detachable cord. The cord is rated for 600v.

This is the icecap cord plug that you attach to your mogal side cable
IC7151_1.jpg

I'd love to go there, but it is 100 miles round trip for me.

I'm going to. I just am taking my time and am seeing if I can get both the connector and pendant from the same place. I am in no rush. Worst case, I just get the pendant and get 2 new connectors since I'll just splice the two together

[quote author=fishnfst link=topic=3786.msg46136#msg46136 date=1213748098]
Damn Tony what an ordeal.. Just get Ian to make the 30 minute drive up there and pick it up for you.. He can bring it to the next sfbaaps meet.. :) Did you want a full size lumenarc or mini?
[/quote]

Lol dude I would probably have it shipped to me from pgs as well. GGB toll is EXPENSIVE as shipping lol.

PGS's owner told me that. I asked him about it when I wanted to get a steath SE pendant. He said he can paint it black for extra $$..

Back