Kessil

Peter's Garage Tank

And the female. She is a little bit greener than the male and she has started to eat the pods - Yay!!
fman.png

Yes, unless the female is actually a male that got his spike broken off? They were in the same tank at A/C and the guy that picked them said I got the only male they had and there were 3 or so females in the tank. I will try to get a better pic. of the "female"

That dorsal looks pretty angular for a female. Female dorsals are usually smaller and pretty rounded. That might be a male that's lost his spike.

uhh catch one and take it back / give it to someone here what wants him. how big is tank? mandarins are very difficult to catch
Tank is 65g with a lot of rock. When I go out in the morning they are sleeping on the bottom. This might be the best time to net one. In fact this morning they were laying side by side snuggling with the Arrow Crab standing on top of them. if they keep this up, I am going to have to separate them. Maybe put one in the frag tank or rehome.

For what it's worth I have 1 green Mandarin in my well establish 70 gallon. Now I have 0 visible pods in the tank and he's starting g to look a little thin. Although it eats frozen mysis I think I need to catch him move him to the 210

yeah i have had a green mandarain in my 180 for about a year with a leopard wrasse, no visible pods ever in the main tank but hes still fat and happy. unless you can culture enough pods for the frag tank id rehome

Yep, that's most likely the case. Pods are out at night, but during the day, you won't see any. This isn't a good thing since both wrasses and mandarins are diurnal. Go by the health of the fish. If it's thinning out, you'll know for certain that it isn't getting enough to eat.

Try to see if you can wean it over to Nutramar Ova.

Well it looks like "the female" has rehomed the male to that great big reef in the sky. I was planning on netting it this morning but I am too late.:(

Whenever I put my hands in the 65g, the salt makes every cut and scrape on my hands tingle. Well today I realized that it was not the salt but stray electricity in the water that was making my hands tingle. I grabbed the meter and measured 41 volts AC flowing through the tank. I slowly unplugged everything and it is not just one pump or heater, but rather the are all leaking a little electricity into the water. For now I have grounded the water with a stainless steel wire and the stray voltage is now at .2 vac. Is this normal or is it time to swap this stuff out? The heater is an almost new Eheim and it is putting 18 vac into the water

I am following the answer to this. I definitely think it's not normal for all your equipment to be leaking electricity into the tank. Sure you're not missing something? Without the grounding cord the leak is still high? That is not sustainable. And I've read that persistent low level leaks can cause copper issues in a tank. Even new heaters can have problems.

I'll let the more knowledgeable help you figure this out, and I will sit back and learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back