powder blue and red Favia

Discussion in 'DBTC - LPS' started by tuberider, Mar 13, 2008.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

That cleaner shrimp is why it's the more challenging one! I used to love those shrimp, peaceful, active.... then when you try to spot feed.. they rip it right out of the corals... I don't care what anyone says about "feed them first" they are pigs and will go after food if they can.

2. LeviT

LeviT Guest

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=3328.msg40792#msg40792 date=1208373716]
    That cleaner shrimp is why it's the more challenging one! I used to love those shrimp, peaceful, active.... then when you try to spot feed.. they rip it right out of the corals... I don't care what anyone says about "feed them first" they are pigs and will go after food if they can.
    [/quote]

Yep, the only time I don't have to shoo them away is around their molting.

3. Rekonn

Rekonn Guest

Mine has a couple of tubes that I think are algae sticking up about a centimeter from the surface. Levi, I see some in your pic. That is just some odd algae, right?

4. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Those would be worms. (or snails). I hate them and killem.

5. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

So far this guy is doing well. Colored up a little and is seemingly happy. Just posting for record to see how he turns out :-D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Looking good, Tony.

Are those Tyree green polyp toadstools I see on the left? :p

7. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Yup. I think I have 5 or 6 frags of those still :-D They are also in the background of the top picture

8. Rekonn

Rekonn Guest

Gomer, how do you kill the worms? I used a pair of needle nose pliers and picked off the ones I saw, but they appear to me making a comeback already.

9. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

they retract when you disturb them so you need to remove them down to the base.

10. LeviT

LeviT Guest

I have 2 frags of these available. I'll try and take some pics of them later this week. If I have more than 2 takers (like that'll happen) I'll put your names in a hat and let me kids pick them :)

11. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Levi, any chance you can snap a picture? CUrious as to see how it ended up for you.

12. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Sure thing. Mine have been on my sand the whole time so they haven't colored up much but they filled out nicely. I'll see if I can snap some pictures tonight.

13. tuberider

tuberider Guest

It seems to take on a more powder blue color, and has lost some of the red that it had when I first rescued it. Mine got snuffed by the Orange Crush, in the great "take out half the tank" sweeper episode.

14. acan echinata's have sweepers??

15. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

no, but they do have web-o-death

16. ugh, i almost bought a colony too

17. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

echinatas are probably the most "time bomb waiting to happen" corals there are. I lvoe them and have 2 :-D

18. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

They got testicles!

"He put his testicles all over me"
    "Wha?"
    "You know like octopus"
    "ooooh... N-T... big difference."

19. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Finally got around to uploading a post fragging pic. I am holding 1 for Sam (bluenassarius) but I still have 1 more available.

[img width=1000 height=750]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii263/wlt501/BAR%20pics/faviabluered3.jpg[/img]

20. Lyn

Lyn Guest

I would like to try this if it is still available.