Our mission

Purple cap

I have three decent sized pieces of purple cap. This is not the "Idaho Grape", more like Montara Manischevitz, it is purple (duh) with blue polyps. It lacks the growth pattern of the "Grape", I actually like the color better though.

DBTC rules apply, this coral will turn brown in the presence of nutrients, good water quality is a must to hold color.

Available at the October meeting, unless you want to throw OPEC a bone and drive out here ;)

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2436.msg24891#msg24891 date=1190675458]
Need to get me some of that potassium permangate before I even think about getting another Montipora coral!

[/quote]You know you want a piece, it's coming straight from display, no pests, full color.......

You know that potassium permangate is not an in tank treatment.

These caps sound really nice Jeremy. I actually lost an Idoho grape sometime ago - got buried.

Come on Eileen (I've been dying to say that), you know you want one. I'll give YOU the biggest frag, I saw pictures of your tank, my gosh you have SOOOO much room!!!

I'd love a frag - I kinda want a frag of that millie too, but that would be make me sound like a frag (umm...you have to fill in the blanks :D)

I won't be at the October meeting though.

Well Jeremy it's from your tank? Well hell then it must be pest free :D

Eileen, Yeah I know it's not an in-tank treatment I'm seriously getting to the point where I'm going to break down the tank and rebuild it, QT all corals and inspect for pests, try to pull all the crap out of the rock, new flow system (bite the bullet and get tunzes), everything.. problem is I need to find a rather wide tank, I'm tired of 18-24" wide BS tanks! I need space front to back, so if I stick a couple coke can sized powerheads in it they won't be very noticeable.

But other interesting thing from that Borneman article I saw
It reacts with any organic matter including algae, bacteria, fish, particulate and dissolved organics, and organic bottom sediments (note: it is quite effective at killing algae on rocks (Todd, pers. comm.)).
Sounds like a quick "cooking" method to get rid of all this crap!

Wow all this in a DBTC thread, thanks BAR!!!! (j/K as usual).

Eileen, you got it. I'll bring you some milli too!

Mike, I believe "Aquatronics" had a product that was a tank cleaner type product made of permanganate. I never had the stones to try it myself, and judging from how many times I dusted off the same bottles, I wasn't the only one. And this was in a 10000 sq ft. aquarium store.

As far as a pic is concerned I don't even own a camera phone, sorry. My tank has a ways to go trust me, it's nothing special.

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=2436.msg24928#msg24928 date=1190689192]
Wayland - you have room? :D
[/quote]
I found a bare spot about 1in sq. just might fit :D

Ok if no one else is going to bite, i'll grow it out. If there is someone else in line Jeremy, go ahead and pass it to them. This program is great. I am putting my first DBTC contribution back into the program this next meeting.. Very cool!!!

Back