Our mission

purple haze monti

:-[ Sorry to say but it looks like I lost my first DBTC item :'(

I thinned it out with my dremel before I mounted it. What ever it was on seemed really hard and I think it may have heated it up? Just a hunch though.
purplehazenotsopurple.jpg

hmm. The only thing it was likely on was a piece of an old frag disc and perhaps some superglue. I see what I can do about getting you another frag at the next meeting.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=1958.msg37376#msg37376 date=1205338609]
hmm. The only thing it was likely on was a piece of an old frag disc and perhaps some superglue. I see what I can do about getting you another frag at the next meeting.[/quote]
It was kinda gray so it may have been an old disk? Thanks, no hurry though.

Has anyone seen a monti go this white and come back? Can't see it happening but just wondering.

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=1958.msg37378#msg37378 date=1205339160]
[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=1958.msg37376#msg37376 date=1205338609]
hmm. The only thing it was likely on was a piece of an old frag disc and perhaps some superglue. I see what I can do about getting you another frag at the next meeting.[/quote]
It was kinda gray so it may have been an old disk? Thanks, no hurry though.

Has anyone seen a monti go this white and come back? Can't see it happening but just wondering.
[/quote]

I had. I had a monti that I thought it was dead. It was white and had algae grew all over it.. Too lazy to take it out and it grew back. I never remove any dead coral after that ;D ..

Should I put it in a lower ot higher light spot to help? It deffinately just went white, I can still see flesh and even some purple spots whic may be polyps but not sure.

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=1958.msg37393#msg37393 date=1205345155]
I got you covered levi. I bring a frag for you next meeting.[/quote]

Hold off for now and we'll see if this guy bounces back. I'm not in a hurry so I'll keep you guys posted on how it's doing.

Still looking for recommendations on where to put this for the best results.

Personally I would put it very low. If for some reason it happens to be still alive it is majorly stressed and probably doesn't need to be bombed with a great deal of light.

Lets see what other chime in to say.

Accidentally broke a few frags of my purple haze colony last night. I got several frags of this coral available. let me know if you are interested.

Back