Neptune Aquatics

Reef Hobbyist 40B

Nav - beautiful pictures. I know this is dumb but are you shooting through glass and / or from the top through water with a special attachment like they do at fish stores online? I can't tell but are you getting any purple coralline on your rocks yet? Again, beautiful tank and beautiful pictures!!
Geneva, I shoot 180deg through the front glass. Slight change in angle will produce distortion (optics). I have a waterproof point-n-shoot cam that I've tried a few times but quality is not as good as my DSLR.

Yes, coralline has started to grow very well, lots of 0.5" - 1" patches all over my rock. Some of it are so pink that it glows in full actinics ;)

Geneva, I shoot 180deg through the front glass. Slight change in angle will produce distortion (optics). I have a waterproof point-n-shoot cam that I've tried a few times but quality is not as good as my DSLR.

Yes, coralline has started to grow very well, lots of 0.5" - 1" patches all over my rock. Some of it are so pink that it glows in full actinics ;)

Great growth. Lots better than my tank lately. :)

Do you have real actinics?
Or is that a Kessil on blue-only?

SAD NEWS: Came home today after work and saw my Midas Blenny dead on the carpet :(

She was a very active swimmer and had the best character in my tank!! RIP

1.JPG

That sucks sorry to hear it. My watchman goby kept jumping to the sump despite eggcrate covers. Finally had to use fine craft mesh. Where there is a will there is a way

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

damned dude.. sorry to hear that.

I also have almost 90% covered, and I had a clown that was able to jump out of the 10% opening.

Let me know me your dimensions I have some left over "Clear" screen material and then you can get the framing from Home Depot, OSH, Lowes ect...

I had two one on each side of my tank....have removed now but worked great and didn't see much shadow effect

Let me know me your dimensions I have some left over "Clear" screen material and then you can get the framing from Home Depot, OSH, Lowes ect...

I had two one on each side of my tank....have removed now but worked great and didn't see much shadow effect
36 x 18 is the surface area. Will PM you :)

Moved some of my expensive coral to Alfred's tank today. Also double checked my water with his test kits and here are the params:

Alk 8.4
Cal 440
Mag 1350
Phosphates 0 (really! checked twice on Hanna)

Recent activities (in efforts to stop my melting LPS)
  • 37% Water Change
  • Added bag of ChemiPure Elite
  • Removed PhosGuard
  • Removed Purigen
  • Stopped dosing (Cal & Alk)
  • Skimming wet
Btw, my Turbo & a Nerite died eating dino! I really need to get that crap out :(

In the next few days going to prep and do a 3 day blackout followed by a water change. Hope my tanks recovers...

Thanks @neuro for temporarily housing some of my coral.

Moved some of my expensive coral to Alfred's tank today. Also double checked my water with his test kits and here are the params:

Alk 8.4
Cal 440
Mag 1350
Phosphates 0 (really! checked twice on Hanna)

Recent activities (in efforts to stop my melting LPS)
  • 37% Water Change
  • Added bag of ChemiPure Elite
  • Removed PhosGuard
  • Removed Purigen
  • Stopped dosing (Cal & Alk)
  • Skimming wet
Btw, my Turbo & a Nerite died eating dino! I really need to get that crap out :(

In the next few days going to prep and do a 3 day blackout followed by a water change. Hope my tanks recovers...

Thanks @neuro for temporarily housing some of my coral.

you bet. let's hope things recover quickly!

Came across a few posts on bacterial infections to coral and suggested fix was a good coral dip.

Yesterday I dipped 3 melting LPS into Coral Revive, today Alfred dipped my scoly (still melting) in CoralRx. Hoping the dips help...

Also started the H2O2 treatment today, dosed 4ml after lights went out (fingers crossed).

I'm a little skeptical about CoralRx. The labels say it helps in the "treatment." I think that's more marketing talk, like saying, "we don't know exactly and we don't have any proof, but it *should*"

I dipped for 10 minutes. It looks the same this morning but we'll know more when I get home. It's sitting on the frag rack right now.

Reactions: Nav
Back