High Tide Aquatics

Refugium Project

[quote author=Euphyllia link=topic=5969.msg75605#msg75605 date=1232391805]
I have an empty glass 10gal w/ no canopy. It would fit perfectly. I think I'm going to end up using that and just setting it on the floor next to the aquarium. Would it smell bad since it has no lid? Here is my plan...

Run a tube from the start of the main tank's filter compartment to the fuge (bring water through it by small pump)

Filter through some bio balls and filter pad/cloth thing (I'll put a bag of phosphate remover in the filtering area of the fuge)

Water is then in the main area w/ liver rock, live sand, macro algae, and a copeopod farm (I'll make a special little section w/ water flow from fuge for the copeopods)

Run water back through pump & up back into the start of the main tank's filter compartment.

That is my plan. Any suggestions? I can't have the fuge at main tank's level due to ugliness of fuge equipment sticking up there (the tank is in my room). I'm currently working on a diagram/picture of how it will be put together. Throw suggestions at me so I can add them to the diagram. Thanks! :)
[/quote]

Sorry man... won't work. This will result in water all over your floor. One will have to drain to the other while the other is pumped back to the one. You can't pump both directions.... without water everywhere it shouldn't be.

[quote author=Euphyllia link=topic=5969.msg75641#msg75641 date=1232398581]
Ummm... I was actually talking about my 34gal red sea, but it would be good to do what you did with the 14gal... :)
[/quote]

34g Red Sea, 14gal Gettocube.... Tomato, Tomato

(that dosent really work like i want it to typed...lol)

How did you know that was a 14?...lol Is that how you roll?

Just remove the Biobals, and strip the paint with a razor blade where they are, and put a light on the back.
The pic was just so you could see what I was talkin bout.

I can read your mind from many miles away! LOL ;D...
I'll make a trip to All About Fish to get some Live Rock and while I'm there, I'll stop by home depot to get a light for the cheto. I'll tell you guys once I got it all set up. I'll need some cheto from somebody at the next meeting so I'll ask somebody for some later...

But really, I'm serious about the mind reading thing... :eek:

Back