got ethical husbandry?

Rotating forum header image

Thales

Past President
Hey,

If anyone want to post an image for the header, I'll put it into the rotation. The two that are up were just pounded out quick like.

Here is a template image:

rotator.php

I like having the BAR logo in there (although I think we need a new logo because we don't have the original files for the current one). It is currently 700px wide, but lest move to 800, so if you do one make it 800 wide and 100 tall.

Thanks!

If the top image is just a sample, producing more of them would be really easy. Just create a template in CS3 and then swap out the image on the right. The image on the right side is just 495x100 pixels.

To get an image to 800x100 pixels, just make the right side image 595x100 pixels, like so.

rotator_sample.jpg

Oh you need that? :D Here's the JPEG of the template.

BAR_rotatorb.jpg

For those w/Adobe, here's the PSD file for the template. Just replace the 2nd layer w/your picture.

http://ericdo.com/bar/BAR_rotatorb.psd

Got the word from Doug, Rich. Thanks for the follow up.

Rich, in case you didn't notice the banner with the same pic as you avatar seems to be a little grainy for some reason.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=3434.msg39271#msg39271 date=1206953633]
The Ugly Banner!

UglyBanner-1.jpg

[/quote]

Nice - you did something weird to the logo - its blocky. :D

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=3434.msg39279#msg39279 date=1206979050]
Rich, in case you didn't notice the banner with the same pic as you avatar seems to be a little grainy for some reason.
[/quote]

Hmmm. Thanks!

Hey guys,

I have set the width of the forum to 800 px . That matches the headers.
Do you think it is big enough, small enough? I would like to settle on a width for both the forum and the headers.

What say you?

Well my screen is at 1440x900 and I now have to scroll to see complete posts (at least when there are pics....) . I liked it better the way it was previously. my .02

Unless you are on a stone age computer, almost your entire viewing population runs at a higher resolution then 800x. I would set the min to 1024.

On another forum I am part of, you actually have a drop down box to set your forum resoltution. There is ghetto 800, but most everyone uses 1024 on up. My monitor is 1680x and also 1920x

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=3434.msg39303#msg39303 date=1206994689]
Well my screen is at 1440x900 and I now have to scroll to see complete posts (at least when there are pics....) . I liked it better the way it was previously. my .02
[/quote]

Thats my feeling too...the drawback is the header. I think it look better with a standard size, but the resizing on the fly is nice too.

Dang, was wondering what happened.

The forum looks tiny on my work monitor right now, running at 1600x1200. I prefer the old look better myself.

Thanks on the frog/coral banner, Rich.

Yah, blocky. I have 1 pixel wide lines between the pics. Looked weird in a different way without the lines :D

Back