Kessil

Sad Day

patchin

Supporting Member
Yesterday was very sad for me. I took my '88 528 BMW to the wrecking yard. I sold it to the state for $1000. I figured it was going to be parted out, but the guy said it was going to be CRUSHED!! My heart sank. It was still a decent car. Drove well, just needed more $$ in maintenance than it was worth. It needed timing belt, mirrors, paint and upholstery. It was 21 yrs old, but only had 170,000 miles.

Oh well. Now I have an Audi A3 that is more fun, gets better gas mileage, and pollutes less, but it;s not the Ultimate Driving Machine.

Do you have a favorite car you've had to get rid of? That saddened you.

My '80 International Scout II with a straight six turbo diesel. That truck got me through High School, most of college and scored plenty of hot chicks and still to this day I'd drive one if I could get my hands on a good one.

I had to sell it to get a commuter rig to get to World Wide Aquarium which was a deadly drive up I 95 in Philly. Two week after selling the truck I got a call from both the police and a lawyer representing a family that had lost the matriarch in a collision involving my beloved vehicle. Apparently the guy I sold the truck to hadn't finished the title transfer and had no insurance. Thank god I sent in the release of liability in a timely fashion or it could have gotten ugly.

It still saddens me that he killed my truck.

my 1969 el camino. was my first car with a 350 motor. put a high rise intake, cammed it out. did up the motor nice ad I killed it after I raced soeone in the rain and hydroplaned into a light pole and a water main. then shortly after the brakes went out and went into the back of a toyota avalon. after that I sold the car for 800 and got it in all 1 dollar bills. the person then removed the motor to drop it into his 69 skylark I believe the ghostrid it into someones living room. they pushed the shell down a hill and it took a turn into someones house. cops came over and luckily I released the liability as soon as I sold the car. thank god. created thousands of dollars in damage to the house.
It was such a fun and fast car/truck. whipped doughnuts and got sideways like a champ with style. Ah high school. those were the days.

...well, did not get rid off but not using it anymore 54 Sixty Special. I don't want to think is there as a financial exit to a problem. I miss the car on the streets

Back