Our mission

September 11th BAR meeting let's talk about pests!!!

BARs September general meeting will be a discussion about coral pests, how to avoid them and what to do when you get them, the talk will also dabble with pest algae.

After an event like our August frag swap questions always remain when it comes to dipping, quarantine protocol, pest eradication and control. This talk will be presented to you by Bryan Sheehan (seminolecpa) and Jeremy Foster (tuberider), it will be an entertaining and informative talk especially for those that are newer to the hobby and want to get involved in programs like BARs DBTC program where many corals are traded and passed around increasing the chances of acquiring one of the many critters that like to eat our coral.

Where: Chabot College

When: 1:00

I also would like to mention that there will be no raffle at this meeting, sorry.

He'll dabble with them as well as maroon clowns and M. caps.

When I wrote "let's talk about pests!!!" I was thinking-

"Let's talk about pests, baby

Let's talk about you and me

Let's talk about all the good things

And the bad things that may be"

Salt-N-Peppa

tuberider said:
He'll dabble with them as well as maroon clowns and M. caps.

When I wrote "let's talk about pests!!!" I was thinking-

"Let's talk about pests, baby

Let's talk about you and me

Let's talk about all the good things

And the bad things that may be"

Salt-N-Peppa

NOOOOO that was just what I was thinking when I read the first post :lol:

I'm sad to say I can't attend... our zooplankton and macroalgae tech is getting married at a local aquarium that day and I must attend it.

Anyone else have odd equipment laying around to give away or trade around?

I plan to bring several boxes of 'fish room supplies'. They will be available just after the meeting in the parking lot. To include the 15g eclipse tank, hood, and stand.

If the lot is near empty and others join we could set up a 'farmers market' of sorts. All of mine will be give away.

Unfortunately I won't have a car that day, and don't want to drive the beast truck from hell across the bridge :D Otherwise I'd have quite a bit of junk for sale/trade/heretakeitplease!!!

I'm sorry I will miss this one guys.
Please record the talk for me.
I'm almost sure Bryan and Jeremy won't mind :D

mray2660 said:
Suggested topic for pests.

Flatworm removal

We have this problem in one of our tanks.

Mike
Can you narrow it down to which flatworm... some are benign ;)

I'm sure AEFW will be a topic given the speakers :p
I'd guess that the ubiquitos "red" planaria is what Mike may want some discussion on

Red planaria are pretty much benign. Keep your nutrients in check, they'll never be an issue.

Back