Neptune Aquatics

Should I get a new tank even if I really can't afford it?

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=6608.msg85452#msg85452 date=1235864966]
Well, I didn't get the tank, there are just too many reasons not to get the tank, I'll be posting some for sale items and using that money to purchase the equipment that I'll hang on the new tank, which will be the final purchase instead of the first. I think that is a much more prudent order in which to do things, thanks everyone for your help in my decision making.

On a super positive note instead of spending money and lugging a tank around today, I went and rode some real nice tubes today and had a perfect peak all to myself ;D
[/quote]

Good decision I think, When Ron's tank (LeeMar) was up for sale I was so much into it, a tank of such name for soooo little money (compared to the price tag) Talked to my brother about the tank and almost got the loan from him but I held off since is not only the tank but all the equipment that it required to be set the proper way so I just waited to see the posting as sold. then I took my brother to AC (You know I get a commission to drive my brother to Chris' ) He bought some orange/gold lace clove polyps, did not open in his tank for a couple of days so he decided to give them to me and boy they are happy in my tank.

I think when the time is right you will get the tank of your dreams, great deal or custom ordered.

Disappointed as I may be (I really want to see you with a much bigger tank), I too think you made the right decision. The tank itself is only a small part off the overall cost increase (as I am finding with my current upgrade). Totally not worth it unless you do it all the way vs. baind-aiding something that happens to be in the ballpark.

I did that for a while with my 72g when I changed from my 58g. It really wasn't the tank I wanted but I made due with it only to finally get the real tank I wanted later. Way more worth it to set up a layaway fund and get what you really want with all of the trimmings.

Back