High Tide Aquatics

Spectrapure GB part II

Hey Gresham,

Here is the amount you owe me from the updated order - The shipping is listed above, but I need payment for the order.

Randy - $265 RODI system

Gresham - $265 RODI system, 14 gallon tank and upgrade kit $69 plus $50 = $384

Hmmm, sorry Arnold, somehow I was thinking the swap is this weekend. That's what happens when too many things going on at the same time.

Arnold, I definitely can pick up in Santa Clara during the weekdays. Could you let me know when and where? Phong, thank you for your earlier offer to help.

Tong same as before - National Semiconductor on Kifer and Lawerence. I am pretty sure you came by last time.

Phong, thanks again, but it is probably easier for me to pick up from Arnold directly (I work in Sunnyvale, which is only a few blocks away from National semi).

Arnold, I did not know that you work for National Semi before, and Phong picked up for me from SF last time. I can pick up as early as tomorrow. Please let me know what's a good time for you, and your exact location. My cell number is 408-666-8806.

[quote author=Apon link=topic=1515.msg14880#msg14880 date=1169150677]
Hey Gresham,

Here is the amount you owe me from the updated order - The shipping is listed above, but I need payment for the order.

Randy - $265 RODI system

Gresham - $265 RODI system, 14 gallon tank and upgrade kit $69 plus $50 = $384
[/quote]

The second I get back from LA, I'll get you paid :)

thanks Gresh....I sent you a PM too about something else.

Nice to meet you Tong, hope I see you at the swap.

Very nice to meet you too Arnold, and I will definitely try to go to the swap. Seeing all these goodies in your car makes me thinking about buying more :). Bad idea.

Phong - I have your box of DI - so let me know when you want to come by my work to pick up.

Btw - Bring a big shopping bag - that sucker is heavy

Yeah I know it's heavy that's why I want to pick it up at the swap. I would break my back carry that thing in my backpack and walk for 2 miles to Caltrain. Do you have it at your work place now??
Thanks Eileen.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=1515.msg14995#msg14995 date=1169496908]
Yeah I know it's heavy that's why I want to pick it up at the swap. I would break my back carry that thing in my backpack and walk for 2 miles to Caltrain.[/quote]

Hehe... so you gonna make Eileen drag your stuff all over :D

Nope.. Already pick it up :) .. It's a lot lighter than I remember. The one I picked up for Tonggao weight a ton. Thanks Eileen and Arnold!! :D

Hmm, does that mean I got a better deal than you Phong ;D? I wish I got a TON of the DI stuff, as they got used up pretty fast, and I am getting ready for the next group buy before long :(.

Phong, still interested in coming over to check out my tank? I put in the new littermeters I just bought here for continuous water change, and so far everything is running great. Highly recommand this to anybody as lazy as I am, and still want to treat the corals right :D. Just send me a pm anytime you like to come.

Still need to find a good time to come over :D ..

How do you store your DI resin Tong? Were yours kinda wet or dry? The one I got seem pretty dry. I guess that's why it's light.

When you say continuous wc, does that mean it change water everyday or what?? Take some pics of your setup man :D...

I just stored the DI in an empty jar the same way it came, which is a little wet, but no visible liquid in it. Damm..., I thought I got more stuff than you instead of just the water ;D.

You asked for it, here is the dizzy picture I just took for you :D. I tried to squeeze in as much things as possible, therefore the little cramped space. At least you have not seen the Calcium reactor and all the pumps at the back ;D.

Basically, the raised tank on the right is RO/DI water pumped in from garage through crawl space daily (controlled by a timed solenoid and float valve), which feed the kalk reactor (driven by a Kangaroo pump) and topoff water (controlled by a float valve). Tank water from one overflow goes to the left fuge tank, then gravity feed to the sump. Water from the other overflow directly goes into the sump. All the controllers are at the lower right corner. I drilled a hole on ER skimmer to overflow the waste water into a emptied carbon bottle, which was fitted with a float switch that turns off the skimmer in case of a overflow. The new littermeters are at the lower left corner. According to the manual, they do 150 little water changes for me everyday. It first pump in a little water (all my water lines are plumbed through crawl space and wall) into the far end of sump (go directly into return pump), wait until its 192 seconds is up, the second pump takes out equal amount of water, and wait until another 192 seconds is up, followed by waiting for another 192 seconds (interval for 3rd pump, which I did not have money for and have to wait until next group buy ;)). The above cycle is repeated 150 times a day.

As far as I know, the only down side compared to weekly/monthly water change is UP to 20% wasted clean water (pumped out shortly after coming in). But in return, it never gets tired, no temp or chemical content swing, no sore back, and no wasted water all over my wood floor. Best of all, who else can claim that they do 150 water changes a day like I do?

IMG_0691.jpg

Back