High Tide Aquatics

Suppose to go to Mexico on Friday, bad idea?

badbread said:
I think the biggest chance of catching something would be at the airport arriving and then departing.

Sitting on a plane breathing 150 passengers worth of recirculated air.

Not good.

The more I read anything but CNN the better I feel about it.

"a normal seasonal influenza season, about 35,000 deaths are linked to the flu."

My doctor gave me a tamiflu perscription just now just in case, I'll report back (I hope) when/if I return. :p

"Worldwide, the annual death toll from the flu is estimated to be between 250,000 and 500,000.

About 9 out of 10 of those deaths are among people older than 65, Currie said. Most times, they already have health problems that the flu makes worse, he said.

"Regular influenza can be taxing," he said. "It causes their underlying disease to decompensate and then they don't have the reserves to get through it.

"While it may not be the direct cause listed on the death certificate, it certainly contributed."

One of the reasons medical experts are nervous about the swine flu outbreak is that many of the people who have died in Mexico have been young and otherwise healthy. The strains found in the United States have so far been weaker."

And a little something from John Stewart:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=225152&title=snoutbreak-09-the-last-100-days

Plans changed, after spending 6-7 hours on the phone with AMEX, the hotel and AA we're now going to the Dominican Republic. Leave tonight on a red eye to Boston, then to San Juan, and then on a 20 seat prop plane to La Romana. On the way home we have a 24 hour layover in San Juan which is pretty cool , get to see a bit of Puerto Rico on this trip as well.

Back