Cali Kid Corals

T5 Problem

patchin

Supporting Member
I came home this afternoon and my T5 on my 50 wasn't on. I tried the switch on the back and the actinics blinked once and went out. The other two lights are doing nothing, even when plugged into an outlet and bypassing the timer. No previous problems. There did seem to be more moisture than normal on the reflector. It's a 4 bulb Tek fixture. Thanks

Brought the fixture out to the living room and giggled a couple bulbs and it works. Thanks, John, for the offer. I think I'm OK for now. We'll see when I put it back on the tank. Sure made me consider LEDs all of a sudden!

Can you pop it open and check the connections? That sure sounds like a bad connection or possibly a bare wire/short somewhere.

Seems like a bad connection if it's working again after some wiggling. I'd probably have it checked out to be absolutely sure. It might be risky continuously running it if it's like that.

denzil said:
Seems like a bad connection if it's working again after some wiggling. I'd probably have it checked out to be absolutely sure. It might be risky continuously running it if it's like that.
Good point. Hadn't considered that.

Back