Our mission

Tivo

My boss should, he's a huge TIVO guy. I'll email him for you :)

Not without any less than legal methods. IIRC dvrs have an encryption built into them to prevent any sort of copying of files :D

That said, i'm sure you can google a million and 2 different ways to do it.

Roxio has a program you can use to copy the tv program and yes it's legal. Steve if you poke around the Tivo site it should point towards the program(s) that are available.

sfsuphysics said:
Not without any less than legal methods. IIRC dvrs have an encryption built into them to prevent any sort of copying of files :D

That said, i'm sure you can google a million and 2 different ways to do it.

The website shows you being able to load it to your computer, ipod, etc. Wanna restate your post as a IMO and not a fact?

Check here:
http://www.tivo.com/buytivo/tivogear/software/index.html

You can use Roxio for either Mac or PC to legally burn shows to DVD.

Now, the only problem is that more and more cable companies are beginning to flag their content with a 'bit' that says that the program is not allowed to be copied off of the DVR. TiVo obeys this bit and thus, content from premium channels, such as HBO are often not transferable to the PC. It all depends on the cable company and the content owner on what shows get flagged.

(I work for TiVo btw...)

Great information and content. I really like your energy on stage, you would be a great person to see live. Let me know if you are ever coming to Melbourne Australia and I will definitely come along and be inspired to achieve. High-quality custom term paper, research papers and college essays for all students.

Back