Kessil

Today's Swap

patchin

Supporting Member
Congratulations everyone! Very successful swap. Everything went well. Good to have soo much help setting up and taking down. Norm, good speech. I think a good time was had by all.

Great job guys!

now I need to figure out what to do with all the xenia my girlfriend grabbed in the no holds bar wee minutes of the swap ;)

Cheers,

Josh

That was fun, thanks guys!! To those I met, it was great meeting you, and to those i didn't get to meet, I'll hopefully meet you at the next BAR meeting.

Thanks!

Kelly

Thanks to all that helped, it could have been a serious nightmare without all of the help. It was a pleasure to be involved in something where everyone wanted to lend a hand, and not complain about it. That's what clubs like BAR are about!

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4275.msg51640#msg51640 date=1218332725]
Thanks to all that helped, it could have been a serious nightmare without all of the help. It was a pleasure to be involved in something where everyone wanted to lend a hand, and not complain about it. That's what clubs like BAR are about!
[/quote]

And thanks for your organizing! This was my first swap ever and it was awesome.

[quote author=jeremys link=topic=4275.msg51649#msg51649 date=1218335697]
does anyone know what the refract and thealk are for that came in the bag from the swap today[/quote]
They can be used as controled samples. A lot of tests out there are terribly inacurate. So use it with your test kits and see if they stand up.

[quote author=pixelpixi link=topic=4275.msg51646#msg51646 date=1218335528]
And thanks for your organizing! This was my first swap ever and it was awesome.[/quote]
Nice to meet you, and thanks for helping. Next time don't dress so nice, you would have made me feel bad if you got dirty :)

Thank you. It was fun and I appreciate all the work that went into the event. Also, thank you to all the sponsors.

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=4275.msg51652#msg51652 date=1218336292]
Nice to meet you, and thanks for helping. Next time don't dress so nice, you would have made me feel bad if you got dirty :)
[/quote]

It was nice to meet you too! And don't worry... i'm not afraid to get dirty even if I am wearing an extremely fashionable knot in my tshirt. ;D

[quote author=jeremys link=topic=4275.msg51649#msg51649 date=1218335697]
does anyone know what the refract and thealk are for that came in the bag from the swap today
[/quote]

Jeremy, the 35ppt standard is for checking your refractometer. Put a drop on your refractometer and check to make sure it reads 35ppt or 1.026 s.g.

The 3.8 meq/l alk standard is for checking your alk test. Just use it instead of tank water and see what your kit reads. If your kit reads in dkh instead, you are looking for 3.8 x 2.8 = 10.64

Hi All,

It was great meeting many of you today at the swap, and glad that I could help out. It was a great event, and I look forward to future meetings and events.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=4275.msg51712#msg51712 date=1218345924]

The 3.8 meq/l alk standard is for checking your alk test. Just use it instead of tank water and see what your kit reads. If your kit reads in dkh instead, you are looking for 3.8 x 2.8 = 10.64
[/quote]

Of course my Alk kit has a resolution of 1.0 dkH and I dont' feel like using ten times as much to get the 0.1 resolution :D

Well, you can just use your standard(harharhar) test procedure to check your kit against the reference standard. If you get 10-11 dKH, the kit is accurate. If you get something else, then you know to adjust your readings.

If you you're picky like me, then instead of using your API/Elos dropper bottle, you can use a Salifert syringe and tip to dispense your reagent.

You just have to figure out the volume of 1 API/Elos drop. Do that by putting 20 drops into a vial, then drawing it up into your syringe. Read the volume, and divide by 20.

Then put that into a spreadsheet to make up your chart for dKH/ml of reagent used.

Back