Neptune Aquatics

Tunze Nano Stream 6025

I've heard good reviews about these
Do you think one of the 6025's will be good for a 33 gal cube? I will probably supplement w/ a Koralia.
Do they put out a broad gentle flow like the Hydors, or more jet streamed water?
Any problems with these you have encountered?
And the big one: Are they worth $70?

they are much better than the hydors.. I would put two in a 33G cube but that's just me. I think you can get away with one if you like a lot of flow. I used it in a 12G.

Two may be out of the budget :)
I have some old Hydors lying around so, I may supplement with one of those if I decide to go the route of the Tunze.
Build wise, are the 6025's pretty durable?
Do they give off a broad flow like the Hydors, or jet streamed flow?
Thanks

Tunze has the best customer service IMO.. The pump are very durable and if something wrong with them, Tunze will fix/replace them for you. I don't know if it's me or what but all of the Koralia pumps I have don't give off broad flow. They all have problem with the V-flow shape. The Tunze give you much better flow.

I agree with Phong. I think Tunze (Roger) has the best customer service. He will repair, service or for most part replace the pump if anything goes wrong. It produces lots of flow for little amount of power.

I think Tunze pumps are worth every penny, then again thats just my opinion.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5699.msg71368#msg71368 date=1230146549]
Do the mounting brackets for those nano streams still break regularly?

[/quote]

I think they resolve that issue, and if still does. All you have to do is to let Roger know and he'll send you a one fro free.

:) wow you uasked you to send him tha bad one? i must have it good with him, cause he just sent me one with no question ask? He even replaced my two 6055 impellers for free without sending anything back. ;D

Yup and that makes for poor customer service in my book...either apply it to everyone or don't do it. I'm scrapping all my Tunze stuff anyways, nothing but problems in the long run. You have to clean them too much and they aren't all the little (very sightly devices, not low profile what so ever). And those magnets SUCK. I had to modify mine so it didn't bounce around.

wow sorry to hear that Gresh, I have the opposite opinion. My personal experience with Roger and his product have been all positive. I do agree with the cleaning and size, but for its purpose in my tank. Its the best.

Yup, YMMV. FWIW I've known him since he started with Tunze.

Let me guess, you posted your problems in the Tunze RC forum and he replied there? I don't use any internet forum to get CS as almost all manufacturers I have spoken with hate people going straight to the web to solve their problems rather then giving the company a chance to rectify them first. Roger is the only one I know taht thinks opposite of that.

See I sent an email :) I don't PM business on RC, mine or any other companies.

I think most people know you have problem with Roger, Gresham ;D.. How come you didn't response to the thread?
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13907122#post13907122

I never had problem getting replacement parts from Tunze. Roger sent me replacement part without asking for broken part back. Something like the bracket he doesn't ask. Just tell him and he ship it to you. If something like a pump, ofcourse you have to ship it back to him so he can inspect. For me I didn't even have to ship it back. He ship me the replace the next day. I don't know Roger and he doesn't know me so there is no special case here. I think I post in Tunze forum like 2-3 times.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=5699.msg71422#msg71422 date=1230157084]
I think most people know you have problem with Roger, Gresham ;D.. How come you didn't response to the thread?
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13907122#post13907122

I never had problem getting replacement parts from Tunze. Roger sent me replacement part without asking for broken part back. Something like the bracket he doesn't ask. Just tell him and he ship it to you. If something like a pump, ofcourse you have to ship it back to him so he can inspect. For me I didn't even have to ship it back. He ship me the replace the next day. I don't know Roger and he doesn't know me so there is no special case here. I think I post in Tunze forum like 2-3 times.
[/quote]

Why didn't I reply to the thread? Because we took it offline Phong where it should have been in the first place. fighting with an RC MOD on an RC forum is the quickest way to get banned dude!!! And if you think most people visit the MARS RC forum well then I don't know what to say to you :lol:

Something like the bracket he doesn't ask

Oh really??? Your wrong. I did just tell him about the bracket, the impeller and the shrouds and he asked for me to send them all back and he'd replace them. It's pretty fricken obvious what you say is not true, just read what I have written, geesh@#$@

Besides, that thread is about a missing power supply in a Wave Box, not a pump problem.

It's getting warm in here... ;D
[quote author=A_Lee link=topic=5699.msg71362#msg71362 date=1230142888]
Two may be out of the budget :)
I have some old Hydors lying around so, I may supplement with one of those if I decide to go the route of the Tunze.
Build wise, are the 6025's pretty durable?
Do they give off a broad flow like the Hydors, or jet streamed flow?
Thanks
[/quote]

Back to your original question. The Tunze gives off a very nice broad flow like the Hydors but IMO a little better. I have a 6025 and a 6060 and both have worked very well for me personally.

I also just got a whole slew of hydors from 1's to 4's and the ones i've put in so far give great flow also. Broad and difficult to pinpoint. lots of flow with out beating anything up. Lovin it.

Back