Jestersix

Tunze Nano Stream 6025

Gresh, if the shroud, bracket and impeller were all of one unit. He probably meant to replace the entire unit with a new one. A similar issue with one of my pumps. My 6045 had a lose shaft, I sent Roger the entire unit, with the magnet, bracket, shroud, impeller and drive unit. The only thing wrong was the shaft, but when he sent it back, he sent a brand new complete set. I was surprised, because the other components were still ok and didnt need to be replace. But he did.

My experience with Roger is top notch. Others may have bad experience with him. But as a vendor, i dont think you could please everyone. Someone, somewhere always have something bad to say about somebody.:)

[quote author=zambavi link=topic=5699.msg71430#msg71430 date=1230160169]
I also just got a whole slew of hydors from 1's to 4's and the ones i've put in so far give great flow also. Broad and difficult to pinpoint. lots of flow with out beating anything up. Lovin it.
[/quote]

Thanks for staying on topic ;) But seriously, if I do pick one up, I hope I don't need to get in touch with customer service :)
So, sounds like that swivel like bracket the pump sits on has had problem before hm?
Anyways -I'm glad to hear that the Tunze gives a nice broad flow, because looking at the design, it almost looked like wouldn't. But looks are deceiving! Is the tunze 6025 smaller than a Koralia? I think the Koralia's are quite large.
Sounds like you dig both the Hydor and the Tunze ... but if you could choose one, which one would you choose? :)

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=5699.msg71388#msg71388 date=1230150626]
Yup and that makes for poor customer service in my book...either apply it to everyone or don't do it. I'm scrapping all my Tunze stuff anyways, nothing but problems in the long run. You have to clean them too much and they aren't all the little (very sightly devices, not low profile what so ever). And those magnets SUCK. I had to modify mine so it didn't bounce around.
[/quote]

Would you need to clean them more than any other powerhead? If so, why?

I do dig them both. If I had to choose between the two I would go with the Tunze (new models only) the big block versions are just too big IMO. But that may have to do mostly with the good feeling you get when you buy the "BIG" brand name PH. The hydors are usually a fifth of the cost with many compriable stats to the Tunzes IMO. So I'd say best value is the hydors...

Actually i am doing more and more reading about these nano streams and it seems a lot (and I mean a lot) of people have had those swivel brackets break on them. All of these negative reviews and testimonials are starting to scare me :-. I have heard countless positives when it came to Roy's CS, about replacing parts and power heads which is great and dandy -but if I am paying paying $70 for a pump, I don't feel like I should have to replace parts that break consistently and all :p ... I think I may stick with my Hydors.

It's the older model that has the bracket issue. The new one are better. If you careful with them as you should with any equipment, they are fine.

I agree... I've never had a problem with mine but I am very careful with both Tunze models I have, especially because of what they cost.

I have also heard of some people have problems with the front not staying on also -have they fixed this problem on the "new" ones?
Phong - how often do you find yourself cleaning NS? And also, when you say the "newer" NS don't have the bracket problem, are you referring to the turbelle 2 NS 6065? Or the 6025's are being manufactured with better brackets?

I don't know any problem with the front not staying on. I'm having that problem with the Koralia. They keep coming off but never on the Tunze. If you purchase the pump (any model) new now, you shouldn't have the problem with the bracket. When Tunze first released the nano stream, they used the wrong material for the bracket. The tap that snapped into the magnet kept breaking. They switch to different material and it's much better now. I clean the pumps every 3-4 months. I do that with any PHs that I use. I like to keep my equipment clean. They perform better when they are clean.

I've never used the front attachments for the Koralias.... so not a problem. I also try to clean my PH's about once every 6 months.

Gotcha... well I havn't had a problem with them yet. Keep my fingers crossed. Worst case.... two tiny zip ties neatly trimmed will hold them tight.

yeah I don't know why mine keep coming off. Several times I came home and saw the prop spin freely without the cover. It's a scary sight ::) >:( ..

Back