Reef nutrition

Turbo snail question

LOL :) I've seen mine flip themselves over but they do get stuck sometimes. Who'd be crule enough to wait and see.. that's just wrong, even for a snail.

;D I flip it over as soon as I saw it. I know it wasn't over 15 hours. It was fine for several days. :(

I have no hermit crab..

[quote author=Elite link=topic=3948.msg46747#msg46747 date=1214072953]
I do have a cleaner shrimp. It wasn't pick on the snail though.
[/quote]
Snails flip over, it will pick on it. if it's hungry enough it will pick on it, in my experience all shrimp are opportunistic feeders.

The snail looked fine. It didn't look like it was eaten or something. Maybe it died then felt on the sand. At least it helped clean up some of the algae before it died :( ..

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3948.msg46755#msg46755 date=1214084269]
This is why I love Trochus snails ;)
[/quote]

Where do you get those? I feel weird going to the store and buy like 1 or 2 snails. They look at me funny.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3948.msg46758#msg46758 date=1214084477]
Trochus are at AC for $4-5 each :( cheaper if you buy in bulk.
[/quote]You're getting ripped off buddy, they're $2.99 max around here.

Phong do you want me to go in and get them for you? I don't mind if you wait in the car :D

;D That's cool.. I paid 2.50 for the turbo. What does the Trochus snail look like?

I look up on the web.. I see what they look like now.. hopefully I can get one or two next time to go to the store.

Trochus like many other types of snails have a wide range of what exactly is being sold as a trochus.

Last time I bought some, I think they were like 6 for $10 or something at Aquatic Central. So yeah 4-5 each is rip off!

Back