Cali Kid Corals

Two Volunteers needed on short notice!!

goldielocke76

Supporting Member
I know it's asking alot, but is there anyone that can come with us to Oakhurst, CA tomorrow (preferably) or the day after (no so preferably since seller won't hold the tank) to pick up a 210 gallon tank?? We are renting a uhaul, but there are only two of us and we would need two more people. :) Please let me know!

I would highly recommend taking the water and sand out of the tank first. :bigsmile:
I should be do doable with 2 people if you can cart it on rollers.

Hope you get some help. Sorry, work.
But if you don't, stop at Home Depot in Merced. You will likely find plenty of day laborers to help there.

It's glass. Moving date moved to Saturday, so if someone doesn't mind helping, beer and a BBQ will be provided :)

I'll be renting a uhaul since it comes with lots of stuff. Probably leave SJ around 1pm or so. Sorry for the late response. Thanks guys for looking and your suggestions though! :)

I will sign on if someone from SF signs on too so I can catch a ride. Hope you'll get more hands on because that is one heavy tank.

Sorry Brandie I am workin saturday. I am super stoked for you guys though. That is gonna be a fun tank. What did the dimensions turn out to be?

Kmooresf said:
Sorry Brandie I am workin saturday. I am super stoked for you guys though. That is gonna be a fun tank. What did the dimensions turn out to be?

A standard 210, 72 x 24 x 27, but you know, I got a ton of stuff for $550. Tank, stand, canopy, mixing barrels, etc. Again, too good to pass up.

Ok, and keep in mind, where ever we go, we have to drive three hours, to the mountains with who ever we pick up from HD. That's going to be like, a very last resort. Maybe not even at all. That's like, horror movie stuff guys, c'mon :p going into the mountains with some stranger... what if we never come back :p

Talk to the seller.
I bet if you offer an extra $50 or so to round up some of their friends, and hint that the deal may not
happen otherwise, they will make it happen.
It is not so easy to find a buyer of big systems.
PS: Make sure to rent a heavy duty furniture dolly when you get the trailer, like for refrigerators.
Makes it WAY easier.

Those were Ian's..might want to ask if you can borrow them. Maybe Robert at Neptune's has some ?

Sorry I can't help out...I have to work Saturday also.

You can move the tank with a cart if you have no stairs.
Get one or two piano moving carts and roll it around.
Heck if the stand is 30" tall then screw together some wood and make a box 30''so that you can just slide the tank on to the cart.
No lifting :)

Meh, I think we will try to handle it ourselves on Saturday. Rob's a pretty cool guy, and he said that his father in law will be able to help. Problem will be unloading it LoL. Anyone interested in helping Sunday morning? LoL. Bob said he'd be able to come down, but if there are other takers, we wouldn't mind :) But I'm hoping that maybe a furniture dolly helps, because you're right, no lifting would be good. :)

Back