Jestersix

U-Verse

patchin

Supporting Member
We 've always had Directtv, SBCGlobal and a home phone. A door to door guy came around selling UVerse. It would be about $50 cheaper to change to UVerse internet and TV and drop the home phone (we rarely call out on it and rarely answer it). Any comments on Uverse or dropping home phone service?

I have the internet from them and from my experience they have some good customr service. the internet is pretty cheap on its own. For the TV there just doing it in my area so no sure but a friend of mine had it and liked it. It is cheap and way better then comcast or the satalite. but it really depends on what you like to watch. I have netflix for movies so just the basic channels are fine for me.

I have exactly the opposite experience with their customer service. It is about the worst I have ever had actually. It takes for ever to get to a real person and when you finally do, yu get a totally clueless Tier 1 technician that walks you through a standard checklist. Takes a good hour before you ever get anyone that can actually fix something.

The whole house router you get is crappy and takes lots of tweaking to get some non traditional things (fish tank controller) to actually work with it and guess what, you are stuck with their router.

I am not bitter.

See when I get on the phone with any customer service for internet the first thing I do after basic name info i tell them already restarted unplugged waited 15 minutes. then say restarted computer and all lol. I just tell them how it goes. But i know what you mean and I use my own wireless router only use there small black box.

I have Uverse and like it a ton. After spending 30 minutes with Comcast being on hold and cut off and then spending another 30 minutes before getting cut off for a billing issue I swore off Comcast. I like I can go online to add or delete packages more or less channels on my own without going through a rep. The small form factor of their dvr is a plus for me as well.

I have had it for about 2 years now. Been through 7 (yes i said 7 DVR's) an probably had at least that many service calls. I have tried the whole I did all the basic things before. At this point i have the regional managers cell phone number because I have had so many issues.

Uverse is alot better/cheaper than comcast that is for sure, I have had great experience with Uverse, but now Im in martinez im stuck with Comcast :(

Uverse is mostly fiber all the way upto your house, then to copper.
Comcast is fiber to a hub and then copper to you and your neighborhood.

Uverse can offer much better bandwidth for cheaper prices and you can pay your bill at 25+ stores vs comcast and the huge lines just to pay your bill.

It never hurts to try the service, it is no contract, you don't like it, cancel it.

I don't have TV service so can't comment but I tried almost every internet provider in my area and Comcast is a must if you have internet dependency (that's me). They are not perfect but others are much worse.

I was without a home phone for a month because they could not get the VOIP working right.
My wife was home from work for 1 week strait because they techs couldnt set an appointment window.

I had guys in basket trucks outside my house at 7 oklock 3 nights running..

I made them put the old phones back and they screwed that up too. My lines are switched in the house now.

TV is OK but if you want your phone to work, I dunno about their VOIP.

Does their VOIP offer call ID on the other end, as well as 911 true connection? If not, make sure you have a cell phone for 911 calls.

Yeah I'm not exactly pleased with AT&T/SBC/Pacbell/whatever other name they changed from, granted the price is right, but trying to get something simple as a name change on a bill is such a pain in the ass if you have DSL on the same service. I had to cancel my DSL, then it'd take a couple weeks to "reorder it", for what? Just to change a name on a bill? I mean WTF are we living in the stone ages? Can't you simply open up the file and type in the new name that relates to the account number?

You might want want to look into Astound. I like them better than Comcast. Only thing is that they're in certain areas. My mom has ATT and I'm not a fan of DSL or their router like Bryan mentions.

tuberider said:
YourAnIdiot.jpg

Back