Vincent's 1st Big Tank

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Vhuang168, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Dendros are nps but I have them in a relatively high flow area and they do manage to feed themselves pretty well. I do spot feed once or twice a week. Usually when I'm feeding corals and anemones.

This is just an interim tank. Everything will go into the DSA190 and should have room to grow.

Geneva likes this.
  2. Vhuang168

I'm projecting water to be added to the tank in 2-3 weeks. I probably won't have livestock in the tank till July. While the live rocks are curing in a 55g drum right now, I have a 2 week overseas trip coming up and I don't want to leave a brand new tank unattended for that long.

Will be in Phuket for a few days, gonna see it I can squeeze in a dive or 2!

Coral reefer likes this.
  3. RobMcC

RobMcC Guest

Looking good. When do you expect the big tank be set up and put first stock in?

[edit] this is a double post - my son hammered the keyboard as I was typing and I thought we deleted the previous question....

4. Vhuang168

Setup should be soon. Livestock will be after July I think

5. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

Wow -- is this the tank my live rock donation is going to be in? I figure that may be as close as I'll ever get to some of those chalices.

6. Vhuang168

Yup! And it will be used by @jestersix to make, what I'm sure will be, an awesome aquascape!

Don't be so sure Bruce, I may start a dbtc for them! Would b useful if I had backups!

7. Bruce Spiegelman

Put me on the list! :)

8. Vhuang168

Lol, then you better hone your chalice keeping skills! These babies are not going to be just handed out to anybody! + I will make it a condition that they can NEVER be sold. I want these to go to someone who will put them in their tank and enjoy them rather than someone looking for a freebie to potentially profit enormously from.

9. Bruce Spiegelman

I'm honing. And I'm always more likely to give things away than to sell. It's a hobby -- not a business for me. And that holds doubly true for DBTC. Just not my style.

10. Vhuang168

Progress!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wpeterson likes this.
  11. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Nice. Are you for no door look?

12. Vhuang168

Yup. Open sump

13. Vhuang168

[​IMG]

Mocking up the skimmer and return.

14. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Why you make us wait? Damn smart guy not making a big change right before a trip!

wpeterson likes this.
  15. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

Looking good! Beautiful stand, nice work @Flagg37

16. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Are you still going to fit the ato reservoir next to the sump?

17. Vhuang168

Yup. Should have enough room

18. Vhuang168

Yay, more toys.... I mean equipment for the tank!

[​IMG]

Titanium strainers for my skimmer n return!

19. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Doesn't the water already filtered through sock before it get a chance to hit skimmer?

20. Vhuang168

Snail, hermits, fish, chunks of macro algae. The sump is never clean of stuff!

Had 2 snails decide to have some alone time in the overflow box. Apparently they got too excited n ended up in the sump, crawled out the sock n made it into the intake of my skimmer.

I do keep snails n hermits in the sump as well.