Neptune Aquatics

Wavemaker Comparisons? Vortech V.S. Tunze? DIY Box?

Yes, you can work with one Vortech for right now and get the second one down the road.

It's what I did. Well now I have to fix power strip issue and then I'll be able to add the second one onto my 120g tank

In my case no.

Why?

I am using an Eheim 1262 as my return pump so there is decent flow even if I did not have my single Vortech pump

oh ok that makes sense.. well.. i am using a reeflo.. barracuda.. i know its got at least 2k gph..into the tank.. and i have it spread out a bit.. so I guess its fine...ill use the vortech to supplement the flow.. but I am kinda getting excited to get 2 now =)

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=6938.msg90191#msg90191 date=1237438173]
In my case no.

Why?

I am using an Eheim 1262 as my return pump so there is decent flow even if I did not have my single Vortech pump
[/quote]

Did you know the 1262 actually produces less flow as a return pump in a typical reef (4+ foot head)? I was blown away myself when I was told that. FWIW you ever have a question about pumps or skimmers, Brian at Fins Reef (H&S USA) is the go to man :)

Because it was more flow than the Quiet One 4000 and Mag 9.5 and uses less wattage than the Mag pump.

Other than that I didn't know. :D

Good info!

[quote author=Pianotips link=topic=6938.msg90308#msg90308 date=1237476707]
ahem i know we are to support our lfs.. but what if we find a super deal like $365 mp40w's shipped? From a linc retailer?
[/quote]
Sounds like they're selling it below the price they're supposed to be selling them at. Little trick many companies do, you sell it cheaper than our price or you don't get any more, this is actually beneficial to the company in that more stores will sell since they don't have to compete with online/bigbox type stores and as a result more potential customers.

That being said, go for it :D

So after playing all night with it.. i got a 3/4-1" wave going.. there is now a sway in the tank with the powerheads and return pump pushing the water and the vortech adding the wave.. this is what i am looking for right?

Back